Finance Associate, Treasury
Bridgewater Associates is a premier asset management firm, focused on delivering unique insight and partnership for the most sophisticated global institutional investors. Our investment process is driven by a tireless pursuit to understand how the world's markets and economies work - using cutting edge technology to validate and execute on timeless and universal investment principles.
Powering this engine requires a diverse community of investment professionals, technologists, managers and other specialists. The firm attracts independent thinkers who share a commitment to achieving excellence in their respective lines of work and operating in our unique culture. Bridgewater was founded in 1975 and its principal offices are located in Westport, CT - an hour outside New York City. Our Culture
Bridgewater aspires to be an idea meritocracy in which radical transparency and believability-weighted decision-making allow the best ideas to prevail. Feedback is frequent and flows in all directions, meetings are recorded and shared, mistake-based learning is encouraged, and everyone is expected to uphold high standards of excellence and personal accountability.
Diversity and Inclusion (D&I) is central to that mission - to develop the deepest understanding of markets and economies we must find, retain, and grow the best talent across gender identity, race and ethnicity, sexual orientation, gained experiences, and more. To unlock the power of that diversity also requires an inclusive environment. In pursuit of this vision, Bridgewater has a full-time D&I team reporting to our CEO, vibrant affinity networks, and several companywide initiatives to drive progress. Ask your Bridgewater recruiter to learn more. About the Finance Department
Finance is the guardian of Bridgewater's financial resources. We seek to drive sustainable shareholder value by controlling, safeguarding, and optimizing use of the firm's financial resources. This responsibility is fulfilled by providing strategic partnership, insights and independent challenge along with the delivery of high-quality financial reporting, forecasting and analysis while maintaining effective and efficient operational control. To further Finance's impact, the Chief Financial Officer has launched an aggressive transformation platform to enrich insights, improve reporting, risk and control operations and ultimately developing more intimate, influential relationships with business leaders. About the Treasury Group:
The Treasury Group is a small, elite team that must flawlessly manage Bridgewater's cash and liquidity positions. The Treasury Group thinks critically about every dollar and responds to ever-changing business conditions with a "whatever-it-takes" attitude. Company leaders rely on the Treasury Group to provide excellent cash forecasting, shaping critical financial planning and business decisions. The Treasury Group also manages a variety of internal and external stakeholders - overseeing Bridgewater's banking and insurance relationships while working closely with payroll, AP, procurement and business-line leaders. About Your Role:
The Finance Associate will need to a flexible taskmaster, capable of both excellent execution of Treasury operations while subsequently offering unique real-time cash management analysis. The Finance Associate will be responsible for the firm's daily cash positioning, ensuring the short-term availability of capital and delivering in-depth forecasting to team, department and business leaders. The Finance Associate must safeguard Bridgewater's assets, ensuring policies and procedures are being followed and partnering with stakeholders to identify gaps in controls. The Finance Associate will navigate a variety of external and internal relationships, particularly responding to internal stakeholders inquiries and evolving Treasury operations to meet business needs. The Finance Associate will be expected to evolve their ecosystem, tackling potential inefficiencies in cash, customer and vendor management. You will drive the following responsibilities:
You will be a click for the role if you:
- Forecast and manage short-term cash availability to meet operational needs; ensure cash is managed according to the investment strategy
- Safeguard Bridgewater's assets, ensuring compliance with policies, procedures and sound internal controls
- Perform analysis of cash management and daily cash funding
- Maintain insurance profile including procurement and renewal of insurance policies to ensure proper risk mitigation
- Maintain relationships with external banking and insurance partners
- Provide quality customer service related to internal insurance inquires and requests
- Identify, implement and optimize cash management opportunities
- Initiate and drive ad-hoc projects that support the goals of an excellent Treasury Department
- Are an exceptional owner with a "roll-up-your-sleeves" mindset
- Think logically and agilely and quickly cut through problems in fast-paced environment
- Can effectively juggle multiple workstreams on tight deadlines
- Are organized, reliable, detailed-orientated, with an eye for spotting and correcting errors
- Have excellent interpersonal skills with a proven track-record of managing customers and vendors
- Are technically savvy, can learn new systems and demonstrate an ability to leverage technology to evolve operations
Why Choose Bridgewater?
- Bachelor's degree in Finance or related field with a strong academic track record
- 3-7 years of experience in Finance, Accounting or Treasury related role; knowledge of Treasury and cash management practices and procedures preferred
- Intermediate Microsoft Excel skills; experience with MS Access, Workday and SharePoint a plus;
It takes all types to make Bridgewater great. We seek a diverse group of innovative thinkers and push them to engage in rigorous and thoughtful inquiry. We develop people through an honest examination of their abilities and performance, enabling personal growth and professional development. We strive to provide you opportunities that will challenge you and unlock your potential.
In this role, you will grow with us by:
- Learning how to manage relationships that span levels and organizations
- Developing rich expertise across a broad set of Treasury problems and principles
- Taking ownership of increasingly complex systems and processes
- Opportunities to grow your career across Bridgewater and Finance depending on your strengths, weaknesses, and experience.
One of our core priorities at Bridgewater is to enable our employees to build a great life and career, and we believe our benefits are an important extension of that philosophy. As such, currently Bridgewater offers a competitive suite of benefits including:
- Health insurance with 100% premium covered and access to additional concierge medical services
- 401(k) plan with generous employer match
- Paid time off, including fully paid parental leave and a competitive PTO package
- Workplace flexibility and access to back up childcare
- Financial assistance for family building support, including adoption and egg freezing
- Workplace wellness, including on-site gyms, free meals and healthy snacks, and meditation rooms
- An engaged and active community that includes many company events, affinity networks, and extracurricular interest groups
Bridgewater reserves the right to change its current benefits program at any time, in a manner that is consistent with applicable federal and state regulations
This job description is not a contract and confers no contractual rights, privileges, or benefits on any applicant or potential applicant. Bridgewater has the right to change any and all terms of this job description, including, but not limited to, job responsibilities, qualifications and benefits. Nothing in this job description constitutes an offer or guarantee of employment. Please note that we do not provide immigration sponsorship for this position.
Bridgewater Associates, LP is an Equal Opportunity Employer