Bridgewater Associates is a global leader in institutional portfolio management and the world's largest and most successful hedge fund. At Bridgewater Associates, we are focused on having the deepest possible understanding of the global economy and financial markets, and translating that understanding into expertly constructed portfolios and meaningful relationships with institutional clients. Our track record of success for more than 40 years is grounded in our distinct culture, which brings together great people and enables them to operate in a culture of radical truth and radical transparency.
Based in Westport, Connecticut, Bridgewater manages more than $160 billion in assets for approximately 300 of the world's most sophisticated institutional investors, including public and corporate pension funds, university endowments, charitable foundations, supranational agencies, foreign governments, and central banks. Our Culture
Bridgewater's unique success is the direct result of our unique way of being. We want an idea meritocracy in which meaningful work and meaningful relationships are pursued through radical truth and radical transparency. We require people to be extremely open, air disagreements, test each other's logic, and view discovering mistakes and weaknesses as a good thing that leads to improvement and innovation. It is by continually striving together for the highest levels of truth and excellence that we create meaningful work and meaningful relationships. Within this culture, Diversity and Inclusion is a top priority because it is essential to finding the best talent in the world, enabling our idea meritocracy, and creating an environment where all types of people can thrive. We have a full-time team as well as affinity networks that work on these issues - If you would like to learn more, please let your recruiter know. As a Portfolio Associate:
You'll click with us if you:
- You will operate the systematized investment logic we use to create ideal portfolios for our clients.
- You will oversee a set of processes that ingests updated market data along with our view from our research department, applies portfolio construction logic, risk controls, and client specific constraints to determine those ideal portfolios.
- You will oversee our logic for choosing which instruments we want to hold and then deliver the set of trades necessary to implement our portfolios to our trading department.
- You will regularly communicate your understanding and assessment to a diverse group of people, including senior investment managers, traders, and developers.
- You will partner with technologists and researchers to constantly improve our processes, focusing on increasing efficiency or the implementation of new logic or portfolios.
You'll spend your time:
- Are analytical, highly logical, and structured
- Are deeply interested in understanding financial markets
- Think in terms of systems and naturally look for ways to solve problems through the evolution of those systems
- Hold a high degree of personal responsibility and ownership in everything you do
Why Choose Bridgewater?
- Executing and overseeing the systematized logic we use to generate client portfolios and trades every day
- Understanding and effectively communicating the state of those portfolios to our senior investment teams and CIOs
- Working with technologists and researchers to construct new investment implementation systems or overhaul old ones
- Driving initiatives to improve the quality, reliability, and efficiency of the systems you own
- Evolving the methods and best practices used by the broader investment community
It takes all types to make Bridgewater great. We seek a diverse group of innovative thinkers and push them to engage in rigorous and thoughtful inquiry. We develop people through an honest examination of their abilities and performance, enabling personal growth and professional development. We strive to provide you opportunities that will challenge you and unlock your potential.
In this role, you will grow with us by:
- Undergoing a training program of structured classes and on-the-job apprenticeship.
- Taking ownership of increasingly complex systems and processes.
- Taking on oversight and mentorship responsibilities to grow talent as you gain experience.
- Opportunities to grow your career across Bridgewater depending on your strengths, weaknesses, and experience.
One of our core priorities at Bridgewater is to enable our employees to build a great life and career, and we believe our benefits are an important extension of that philosophy. As such, currently Bridgewater offers a competitive suite of benefits including:
- Health insurance with 100% premium covered and access to additional concierge medical services
- 401(k) plan with generous employer match
- Paid time off, including fully paid parental leave and a competitive PTO package
- Workplace flexibility and access to back up childcare
- Financial assistance for family building support, including adoption and egg freezing
- Workplace wellness, including on-site gyms, free meals and healthy snacks , and meditation rooms
- An engaged and active community that includes many company events, affinity networks, and extracurricular interest groups
Bridgewater reserves the right to change its current benefits program at any time, in a manner that is consistent with applicable federal and state regulations
This job description is not a contract and confers no contractual rights, privileges, or benefits on any applicant or potential applicant. Bridgewater has the right to change any and all terms of this job description, including, but not limited to, job responsibilities, qualifications and benefits. Nothing in this job description constitutes an offer or guarantee of employment.
Bridgewater Associates, LP is an Equal Opportunity Employer