Research Associate - China
Research Associate - China About Bridgewater
Bridgewater Associates is a global leader in institutional portfolio management and the world's largest and most successful hedge fund. At Bridgewater Associates, we are focused on having the deepest possible understanding of the global economy and financial markets, and translating that understanding into expertly constructed portfolios and meaningful relationships with institutional clients. Our track record of success for more than 40 years is grounded in our distinct culture, which brings together great people and enables them to operate in a culture of radical truth and radical transparency.
A testimony to Bridgewater's commitment to excellence, our clients, and the magnitude of our impact on the investment industry, Bridgewater has received more than 70 industry awards in the past 10 years including for industry innovation, performance, quality of research, client satisfaction and being a top place to work.
Based in Westport, Connecticut, Bridgewater manages more than $160 billion in assets for approximately 300 of the world's most sophisticated institutional investors, including public and corporate pension funds, university endowments, charitable foundations, supranational agencies, foreign governments, and central banks. Our Culture
Bridgewater's unique success is the direct result of our unique way of being. We want an idea meritocracy in which meaningful work and meaningful relationships are pursued through radical truth and radical transparency. We require people to be extremely open, air disagreements, test each other's logic, and view discovering mistakes and weaknesses as a good thing that leads to improvement and innovation. It is by continually striving together for the highest levels of truth and excellence that we create meaningful work and meaningful relationships. About the Research Department
Our mission is to understand how the world works - building and compounding our understanding of the timeless cause-and-effect relationships that move global economies and markets. With curiosity, cutting-edge technology, and deep sets of data, we build frameworks and analytical models that explain everything from long-term debt cycles to currency devaluations; and we use that compounded understanding to create the investment strategies that drive Bridgewater. About the Team
The China Research Team has unique need for a Research Associate. This person will play a vital role on the team by owning and overseeing our China data concepts and helping to evolve the way we systematically think about them. As a China Research Associate, you will be an owner of data, concepts and dashboards monitoring China's economy and markets. Your rigorous analytical research and oversight will help push forward Bridgewater's deep understanding of the China.
You will drive the following responsibilities:
- Data Concept ownership & oversight: Own China specific data concepts and Be able to engage the data
- Systemization of data concepts: Source new data concepts and build them out
- Research: Analytical leverage on China projects
You will be a click for the role with:
Why Choose Bridgewater?
- Several years of strong practical experience working with Chinese data sets and data/analytical platforms (e.g., WIND). Relatedly, some degree of fluency with China economic and data concepts is less important but a plus.
- Analytical/systematic thinking and experience
- Deep interest in China's economies and markets; the kind of person who would enjoy being in the role for a few years
- Native Chinese, working proficiency English
It takes all types to make Bridgewater great. We seek a diverse group of innovative thinkers and push them to engage in rigorous and thoughtful inquiry. We develop people through an honest examination of their abilities and performance, enabling personal growth and professional development. We strive to provide you opportunities that will challenge you and unlock your potential.
In this role, you will grow with us by:
- Undergoing a training program of structured classes and on-the-job apprenticeship.
- Taking ownership of increasingly complex systems and processes.
- Taking on oversight and mentorship responsibilities to grow talent as you gain experience.
- Opportunities to grow your career across Bridgewater depending on your strengths, weaknesses, and experience.
One of our core priorities at Bridgewater is to enable our employees to build a great life and career, and we believe our benefits are an important extension of that philosophy. As such, currently Bridgewater offers a competitive suite of benefits including:
- Health insurance with 100% premium covered and access to additional concierge medical services
- 401(k) plan with generous employer match
- Paid time off, including fully paid parental leave and a competitive PTO package
- Workplace flexibility and access to back up childcare
- Financial assistance for family building support, including adoption and egg freezing
- Workplace wellness, including on-site gyms, free meals and healthy snacks , and meditation rooms
- An engaged and active community that includes many company events, affinity networks, and extracurricular interest groups
Bridgewater reserves the right to change its current benefits program at any time, in a manner that is consistent with applicable federal and state regulations
This job description is not a contract and confers no contractual rights, privileges, or benefits on any applicant or potential applicant. Bridgewater has the right to change any and all terms of this job description, including, but not limited to, job responsibilities, qualifications and benefits. Nothing in this job description constitutes an offer or guarantee of employment. Please note that we do not provide immigration sponsorship for this position.
Bridgewater Associates, LP is an Equal Opportunity Employer