Strategic Sourcing Lead, Technology
The Strategic Sourcing lead will be responsible for the development and implementation of innovative sourcing strategies and standards across all categories of goods and services for Bridgewater's Investment Technology business area. With a focus on enabling our technologists, the Lead will develop and execute sourcing plans for both software and hardware while maintaining strategic supplier relationships and end to end ownership of key contracts.
- Collaborate with internal clients to understand their business needs and objectives and establish requirements
- Own Strategic Vendor Relationships management
- Proactively assess sourcing and category opportunities by gathering spend information, assessing category purchasing patterns, leveraging structured spend analysis of supplier/category industry, economics, market conditions, and expiring contracts to make recommendations based on these findings.
- Establish sourcing strategies which include evaluation of sourcing alternatives, identifying the sourcing approach, and establishing project plan / timeline to deliver an effective sourcing solution.
- Secure components and/or services in the assigned category that will provide competitive advantage in both technology and cost
- Negotiate contract terms and perform all aspects of the contract process:
- Achieve established commitments on total cost results, supply, quality and compliance adherence, and on-time delivery
- 5+ years' experience in IT sourcing and procurement and supplier management
- Broad experience and deep knowledge of software (SaaS, hardware category knowledge preferred)
- Experience with quality control and maintaining a high level of standards through the sourcing lifecycle
- Extensive experience in leading contractual negotiations around software licensing and IT services
- Demonstrable expertise in IT software related strategic sourcing and procurement, with complex project management skills
- Advanced analytical capabilities, including cost models
- The ability to communicate and collaborate effectively with people at all levels across the company, including junior colleagues, peers, and executive leadership
- Preferred - Cloud, hybrid licensing
Bridgewater Associates, LP is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Please note that we do not provide immigration sponsorship for this position.