Accounting Policy Manager
- Washington D.C., DC, USA Washington D.C. DC US
- Permanent, Full time
- Green Key Resources
- 11 Sep 18 2018-09-11
Responsible for the delivery of timely and value-added technical accounting support to stakeholders across the organization. Executes technical accounting research and participates in, or leads, special projects.
Key Job Functions:
- Delivers guidance and advisory services to stakeholders in connection with the application of generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP) to new, significant or non-routine transactions executed by the Company including, but not limited to, securitization, investing, funding and financial risk management transactions.
- Prepares technical accounting analyses that must be well documented, soundly reasoned and demonstrate a clear understanding of covered business activities.
- Establishes and maintains strong, collaborative working relationships with finance partners and other stakeholders in order to understand the business and to provide ongoing guidance on new business initiatives.
- Monitors standard setting developments in GAAP that could impact the Company's accounting policies, practices and disclosures.
- Participates in the presentation of interpretative views to management that pertain to new or non-standard transactions or standard setting developments in GAAP.
- Collaborates with key stakeholders in driving the implementation of new accounting and reporting requirements while ensuring that the Company's accounting policies comply with new authoritative guidance.
- Reviews business requirements for new systems, provides direction on systems development (related to accounting functionality) and supports testing efforts on an as needed basis.
- Reviews select disclosures to be made in the Company's financial statements and collaborates with financial reporting resources to ensure accuracy and completeness of such information.
- Participates in the development of and delivery of internal accounting and reporting training courses.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent required
- 6+ years of related experience
SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- CPA required
- At Least 4 Years of Public Accounting Experience
- Previous Financial Services Experience Required
- Strong understanding of U.S. GAAP and SEC regulations
- Experience in performing research related to technical accounting and reporting matters and writing technical memorandums
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills and ability to explain complex issues to non-subject matter experts