Distinguished Cloud Engineer - SVP
The Distinguished Cloud Engineer is a senior management level position responsible for accomplishing results through the management of a team or department in an effort to drive a variety of cloud engineering activities including the design, acquisition and deployment of cloud infrastructure in coordination with the Technology team. The overall objective of this role is to lead efforts to ensure quality standards are being met within existing and planned framework. Working in close partnership with engineering leads of other relevant disciplines (storage networking security…) you will leverage your extensive hand-on implementation knowledge of cloud-native technologies to ensure our solution is secure agile and is delivering business benefit to our clients. You will bring a fresh perspective on how a legacy-free cloud-native environment should look like and be knowledgeable in all segments from hardware selection operating system and virtualization layer to cloud management tooling monitoring and orchestration and with some exposure to application deployment and testing in the cloud. Given unique challenges in the financial services some exposure to regulated industries (finance health government) would be beneficial. Stakeholder Management and People Responsibilities
- Drive client satisfaction by identifying and supporting process improvement and automation initiatives while ensuring compliance of solutions to operations roadmap
- Apply comprehensive understanding of how multiple areas collectively integrate to contribute towards achieving business objectives
- Directly impact the business by ensuring the quality of work provided by self and others; impacts own team and closely related work teams by providing mentoring and training to junior members of the team
- Actively contribute towards self-development by creating and following development plans based on discussions with management
Qualifications and Technical Skills:
- Support all products within cloud area, from design to implementation and ongoing performance according to business need
- Identify, establish and maintain strategic partnerships with executives from technology vendors within assigned area and coordinate to influence vendor product roadmaps to be in line with Citi strategic goals
- Ensure that Citi makes appropriate strategic choices in the onboarding, management and exiting of vendors from the product portfolio
- Ensure there is adequate capital budget to develop and implement the assigned strategic technology roadmap
- Provide technical leadership in the design of highly complex cloud systems
- Develop and advocate for new cloud native solutions to undefined system needs, where no solution is available within the technical community
- Impact the engineering function by contributing to technical direction and strategic decisions
- Ensure products are ready and adhere to global operational standards for ongoing operation and support
- Mentor junior team members and allocate work
- Exhibit knowledge of how own specialty area contributes to the business and apply knowledge of competitors, products and services
- Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made, demonstrating particular consideration for the firm's reputation and safeguarding Citigroup, its clients and assets, by driving compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to Policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal behavior, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing and reporting control issues with transparency.
Job Family Group:
- 10+ years of thorough knowledge of most widely used AWS and K8s services.
- Experience in designing and building DevOps automation solutions , good understanding of related toolsets
- Deep understanding of DevOps processes and methodologies, including source control best practices in Git and Test Driven Development (TDD). GitOps principle experience would be considered as bonus.
- Strong experience in CI/CD pipelines, infrastructure as code (Terraform/ CloudFormation) as well as deep understand of software code development and deployment procedures is required.
- Experience in SRE model , ability to define and engineer SLO/SLI in complex cloud environment
- Hands-on expertise in development and deployment of code over public clouds and container environments.
- Ability to work independently and with minimal supervision, while collaborating cross-functionally with partner security, operations, and infrastructure teams
Technology Job Family:
Systems & Engineering Time Type:
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi") invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi
View the " EEO is the Law
" poster. View the EEO is the Law Supplement
View the EEO Policy Statement
View the Pay Transparency Posting