Examiner (Market, Credit, and Operational & Information Technology/Security Risk)
- $80,596 to $213,280
- Washington D.C., DC, USA Washington D.C. DC US
- Permanent, Full time
- Federal Housing Finance Agency
- 29 Jun 18 2018-06-29
FHFA is Hiring Examiners! The Federal Housing Finance Agency (FHFA), the safety and soundness regulator of the Federal Home Loan Bank System and regulator and conservator of Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac (Government Sponsored Enterprises (GSEs)), has several openings for both junior and senior- level Market Risk, Credit Risk, and Operational & Information Technology/Security Risk Examiners.
If you are a professional with experience in financial institution examinations, secondary mortgage markets, affordable housing policy, financial economics, risk management, or complex data analysis, consider applying to one of our many vacancies.
As a Senior Examiner, you will have the responsibility for planning, organizing and completing examinations of the GSEs in the areas of market, credit or operational & information technology/security risks of financial institutions. At the junior level, your work is less independent and less in-depth knowledge is required.
Some of the Major Duties and Responsibilities include:
- The incumbent assists in the development of examination strategies and work plans and in determining the scope of examination activities, and develops new or adapted work methods and procedures as needed.
- Follows supervisory guidance such as the examination manual, advisory bulletins, examination guidelines and policy statements to ensure that the development of examination scope and reports are completed according to prescribed FHFA regulatory and supervisory policy and program guidelines and standards.
- Communicates examination findings and their bases to senior management to elicit management's views. During the course of the examination, the Senior Examiner facilitates the flow of information and ensures an accurate understanding of the key risks, processes and controls, and the factual basis for examination findings.
- Documents examination findings through a combination of GSE source documents, report comments and other examination workpapers that address both management practices and condition. Workpapers are completed in accordance with FHFA's workpaper standards, as provided in the examination.
- Keeps abreast of significant issues or events and emerging risks that may impact the continued safe and sound operations of the GSEs. Provides first-hand experience concerning industry problems and the adequacy of current examination techniques in dealing with them. Analyzes banking, financial, housing, operational, and mortgage market developments affecting the entities. Provides written analysis and recommendations for supervisory issues requiring FHFA approval or attention.
- Maintains an expert knowledge of issues, trends, and advances in risk management and risk-based examinations of large, complex financial institutions. Provides FHFA management with expert advice on advances in examination management of practices and risk-based examination procedures, and makes recommendations for the enhancement of the examination program.
To learn more and/or to apply to one of our several positions, please visit our web site at www.fhfa.gov/careers.
FHFA offers competitive salaries that exceed the government General Schedule pay scale offers a workplace that is respectful, fair, and values diversity. Our comprehensive benefits are generous - helping you to reach your individual goals by supporting your professional growth, health, well-being, and your personal needs.
FHFA is an Equal Opportunity Employer. U.S. citizenship required.