HQTA - Financial Sector Expert / Senior Financial Sector Expert
- Washington D.C., DC, USA
- Contract, Full time
- International Monetary Fund
- 22 Feb 18 2018-02-22
In the IMF’s Monetary and Capital Market Department (MCM), the Financial Regulation and Supervision Division has an opening for a HQTA-Financial Sector Expert/Senior Financial Sector Expert position on a two-year contractual basis. The selected candidate will have the following main responsibilities:
- Take forward the Division’s work on cyber risk by developing the Division’s policies to promote cross-sectoral-cyber resilience. He or she will help assist the IMF in contributing to the further development of existing international standards on cyber risk (e.g., the G7 elements of cyber security) and translate these standards into practical policies and tools for supervisors to boost cyber resilience.
- Develop the Fund’s policy positions on these issues, as well as operationalizing them through surveillance and technical assistance work. He or she will develop the Division’s toolkit to analyze cyber risk and incorporate into the Fund’s bilateral and multilateral work-streams e.g., Article IV, FSAPs and Technical Assistance.
- Contribute to MCM’s work with relevant standard-setting regarding their ongoing work on cyber risk (e.g., Basel Committee on Banking Supervision, CPMI/IOSCO, Financial Stability Board etc.).
- Design, coordinate and facilitate a workshop on cyber risk. The workshop would draw from best practices internationally and be directed at senior supervisors from global financial sector regulators.
- Contribute to the Division’s work, including providing comments on key policy papers, preparing briefs for top management, and helping in preparing presentations and speeches on cyber risk, particularly related to regulation and supervision.
- Broad knowledge of and experience of information technology security and operational risk management, being technically proficient in information technology systems and architectures, and would ideally hold certification in IT Audit or IT Risk Management.
- Specific experience within the financial sector would be an advantage. The candidate would ideally have experience in policy development and implementation of international standards for operational risk management in one or more of banking, insurance, securities markets and/or financial market infrastructures.
- Sound judgment, strategic orientation, and proven analytical skills and a reputation for innovative thinking as well as delivering high-quality results on the ground, i.e., ability to think strategically as well as deliver the details.
- Analytical depth, nimbleness, and a solid understanding of the Fund's place and role in the international financial system. Familiarity with issues related to financial systems across the range of the Fund’s membership would be an added advantage.
- Ability to listen to the views of others and articulate views in a way that influences others to move the agenda forward; highly effective interpersonal skills to successfully deal with staff across the Fund at all levels.
- A reputation as a strong team player.
- Demonstrated ability to work under pressure, with a high degree of organizational skills and ability to multi-task.
- Excellent writing and editing skills, including the ability to produce clear and pointed drafts on short notice and under tight deadlines.
- Experience in financial sector regulation, supervision or compliance would be very welcome.