Our client, a Fortune 500 company and leading player in the secondary mortgage market, is looking for an experienced IT Audit Manager to join the team in Washington D.C.
The candidate, holding a CISA or CPA, will be responsible for managing audits of complex functionalities and output of various information technology systems, applications or platforms/operating systems, financial and statistical models, or risk management activities for compliance with corporate policies and procedures.
Responsibilities include planning, executing and reporting financial, operational and compliance related audits/projects to facilitate compliance with federal laws, corporate standards and generally accepted accounting principals.
KEY JOB FUNCTIONS
- Manage a small to moderate-sized portfolio of audits of information technology systems, applications or platforms/operating systems, financial and statistical models, or risk management activities. Manage a small to moderate-sized team. Coordinate and administer assignments, monitor audit team progress and manage budgets and schedules.
- Lead the successful development, management and end-to-end execution of Audit Plans; drive the development of the Annual Audit Plan. Leveraging a risk-based approach, determine audit scope and identify risks and implications. Review, finalize and deliver audit reports; communicate audit findings and develop recommendations.
- Track results of prior audits, identify audit themes across organizations and facilitate appropriate corrective action. Continually strengthen and improve the governance, risk and control environment of the organization acting as a key driver of change within Internal Audit and across the organization.
- Provide direct oversight of staff. Establish policies and procedures to guide the audit staff and facilitate consistent, high quality outcomes and deliverables.
- Share knowledge and develop staff capabilities to strengthen understanding of industry, business and regulatory issues and Internal Audit best practices. Communicate team and organizational objectives; inspire and motivate team members to achieve results.
- Serve as primary point of contact for audit business partners and stakeholders; assume overall responsibility for relationship management for specific business areas.
- Work in partnership with business leaders to strengthen governance, risk and control environments by anticipating issues, providing advice and sharing Internal Audit knowledge and best practices. Serve as Internal Audit representative for corporate-wide committees and initiatives.
- Bachelor degree or equivalent required
- CISA or CPA is essential
- CISSP is advantageous