Treasury and Risk Specialist or Senior Associate - Loan and Corporate Accounts Group
- Washington D.C., DC, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- Inter-American Development Bank
- 13 Feb 18 2018-02-13
We are looking for someone who is dedicated, upbeat, and team-oriented to work in the Loan and Corporate Accounts Group and report to the Group Head
What you’ll do:
- Coordinate billing and collection activities and follow up on arrears according to Bank Policies, procedures, and loan contracts.
- Prepare and analyze statements of account to ensure accuracy of the transactions, income charges, subsidies, late fees, balances, interest rates and payment instructions.
- Analyze, review, and provide comments on financial terms and conditions of private sector project documents and loan agreements to ensure compliance with Bank lending policies.
- Perform research and analysis to improve processes, controls, outputs, and system functionalities related to the billing and collection functions.
- Prepare and maintain official reports and dashboards to ensure quality of data provided to internal and external clients.
- Oversee the processing of administrative payments, and the timely billings and collections of corporate services.
Skills you’ll need:
Education: Master’s Degree or equivalent in Accounting, Finance, or Business Administration. CFA is a plus.
Experience: Four years of progressively increasing responsibilities in international public and/or private lending services, loan and multi-currency accounting, and in the preparation of financial information and reports (7 years preferred), with at least two years of experience in the international arena. Experience in project development and financial documentation, either for SMEs or for structured financing. Experience in the design, implementation, and maintenance of financial transaction systems is highly desirable.
Systems: Experience working with PC-based spreadsheets and database applications; expert knowledge of Microsoft Access and relational data bases highly desirable; proven ability to lead teams of system users and developers in the implementation of financial transaction systems.
Languages: Proficiency in English and one of the other Bank official languages (Spanish, French or Portuguese) required.
Type of contract: Staff
Length of contract: 3 Years
Starting date: tentative March 16, 2018
Location: Washington D.C.
Requirements: Candidates must be citizens of one of the IDB’s 48 member countries and have no family members currently working at the IDB Group.
Our culture: Working with us you will be surrounded by a diverse group of people who have years of experience in all types of development fields, including transportation, health, gender and diversity, communications and much more.
About us: At the Inter-American Development Bank, we’re devoted to improving lives. Since 1959, we’ve been a leading source of long-term financing for economic, social, and institutional development in Latin America and the Caribbean. We do more than lending though. We partner with our 48 member countries to provide Latin America and the Caribbean with cutting-edge research about relevant development issues, policy advice to inform their decisions, and technical assistance to improve on the planning and execution of projects. For this, we need people who not only have the right skills, but also are passionate about improving lives.
The IDB offers a competitive remuneration and benefits package.
The IDB is committed to diversity and inclusion and to providing equal opportunities in employment. We embrace diversity based on gender, age, education, national origin, ethnic origin, race, disability, sexual orientation, religion, and HIV/AIDs status. We encourage women, Afro-descendants and persons of indigenous origins to apply.