Head of Citi Private Bank Americas Loan Operations, SVP (New Castle, DE)
The Leader in this role will be responsible for managing day to day operations of the Citi's Private Banks Loan Operations team. The team comprises 50 staff responsible for the processing and servicing a portfolio of 17,000 loans with over $40 Billion outstanding. In addition to managing the day to day, the leader of this team will focus optimizing end-to-end processes, drive operational transformation, and change management in close coordination with Business. The incumbent would represent Private Bank Operations in their daily interactions with stakeholders including, Bankers, Product team, Risk, Legal, and other Operations teams. Responsibilities:
- Provide Leadership to direct reports and team members
- Generate innovative ideas, challenge the status quo and drive transformation across the end-to-end process
- Maintain acceptable levels in all key risk indicators, and key performance indicators, across operational units
- Creatively problem solve and manage escalations, while maintaining Operational Control.
- Establish/maintain strong working relationships w/ Operations, Technology, Investment Finance, Risk, Legal, Compliance and Operational Controls.
- Review and modify any control gaps within the processing unit in order to adhere to current control framework and standards.
- Partner in the developing, coordinating, and driving technical improvements within various internal systems
- Maintain a strong performance management track record within the team rooted in accountability and reward based on performance.
- Demonstrate exceptional emotional maturity in high stress decision-making situations, while keeping Client delivery and Operational Control as priorities.
- Directs and evaluates subordinates' performance, and is involved in recommendations for pay increases, hiring, terminations etc.
- Responsible for handling day to day staff management issues, including resource management and allocation within the team/project
- Ensures timely communication to employees for transparency
- Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made, demonstrating particular consideration for the firm's reputation and safeguarding Citigroup, its clients and assets, by driving compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to Policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal behavior, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing and reporting control issues with transparency, as well as effectively supervise the activity of others and create accountability with those who fail to maintain these standards.
- 10+ years of experience
- Track record of identifying and improving processes within an operations environment
- Must demonstrate a sense of urgency and decisive decision making while under duress
- Ability to partner across the organizations to gain an effective resolution to complex issues
- Must have a team - first attitude and embrace a change environment
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills, particularly email correspondence
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word)
- Ability to effectively interpret legal documentation
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to create, adjust and maintain performance metrics
- Project management experience a plus
- Must be responsible and accountable
Job Family Group:
- Bachelor's/University degree, Master's degree preferred
Operations - Transaction Services Job Family:
Loan Agency Time Type:
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi") invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi
View the " EEO is the Law
" poster. View the EEO is the Law Supplement
View the EEO Policy Statement
View the Pay Transparency Posting