Alternative Financial Reporting Vice President
- Not Specified
- Wilmington, DE, USA Wilmington DE US
- Permanent, Full time
- 15 Jul 18 2018-07-15
BlackRock helps investors build better financial futures. As a fiduciary to our clients, we provide the investment and technology solutions they need when planning for their most important goals. As of March 31, 2018, the firm managed approximately $6.317 trillion in assets on behalf of
BlackRock helps investors build better financial futures. As a fiduciary to our clients, we provide the investment and technology solutions they need when planning for their most important goals. As of March 31, 2018, the firm managed approximately $6.317 trillion in assets on behalf of investors worldwide. For additional information on BlackRock, please visit www.blackrock.com | Twitter: @blackrock | Blog: www.blackrockblog.com | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock.
Position within the Alternatives Financial Reporting team of an investment advisor with over $5 trillion assets under management. As an experienced professional, this position supports a complex and fast-paced alternative investment fund business in a dynamic and challenging environment.
Day-to-day responsibilities include financial reporting oversight for approximately 380 open-end and closed-end alternative investment funds that will provide exposure to a wide variety of asset classes including private equity, private credit, liquid fund of funds, private equity fund of funds, direct strategy hedge funds and other illiquid strategy products.
- Review annual audited and quarterly unaudited financial statements and notes to financial statements that are prepared in accordance with US GAAP and/or IFRS;
- Manage annual audit process, including organizing and leading audit planning, audit status and closing meetings with fund administrators and external audit firms;
- Identify, escalate and resolve audit-related issues if they arise;
- Facilitate periodic filing submissions to the SEC, NFA, CIMA or other regulatory bodies as appropriate;
- Interact with multiple internal and external stakeholders during the audit process, including external financial reporting teams at fund administrators, external audit firms, internal/external accounting teams, investment operations teams, portfolio managers, internal/external directors and internal/external legal counsel;
- Actively contribute to the ongoing development of the financial reporting oversight process with the goal of improving efficiency and scale while maintaining the quality of review;
- Engage with the firm’s global accounting policy team to research accounting policy related matters for the team and to formally document accounting treatment/approach;
- Oversee metrics reporting to senior management for the team;
- Manage technology initiatives and projects for the team;
- Build and oversee financial reporting educational programs that are targeted to newer team members across internal teams involved in the financial reporting and audit process;
- Manage the product on-boarding and off-boarding process, which would include periodic review and updates to financial reporting timelines for new, existing and liquidating products;
- Oversee the annual fee analysis for all service providers;
- Manage additional responsibilities outside of financial reporting oversight, such as annual security count procedures and other ad hoc requests that arise from internal teams;
- Manage certain functionalized areas of review for specific disclosures across all product sets.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance;
- Advanced degree and/or CPA are preferable;
- Candidate must possess 7 to 10 years combined experience in public accounting, internal audit, alternative fund administration or accounting, preferably within an alternative fund financial reporting group;
- Candidate must have knowledge of technical and regulatory issues affecting the alternative investment fund industry, including knowledge of investment company accounting/reporting, US GAAP and IFRS;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- Takes ownership for outcomes and is personally accountable for results (Accountability & Ownership);
- Analyze relevant information using logic and consider relevant facts to make rational, realistic and sound decisions (Analytic Ability);
- Produces accurate work and spots mistakes/errors and makes appropriate corrections (Attention to Detail);
- Understands common business and financial terminology including how organizations operate, compete and grow (Business Acumen);
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills including ability to clearly articulate results of financial analyses as wells as issues to senior management and the auditors (Communication Skills);
- Self-motivated, determined to achieve goals and works hard to meet those goals. (Drive, Determination and Execution);
- Works effectively to plan and prioritize responsibilities including ongoing and ad hoc projects simultaneously (Plan and Prioritize);
- Develops practical and pragmatic solutions to problems (Problem Solving);
- Effectively plans, implements and develops a methodical approach to projects (Project Management);
- Builds working partnerships and sustains collaboration in the workplace. (Relationship Building);
- Promotes and facilitates the group’s work while contributing to the group using inspiration and motivation (Teamwork);
- Generates fresh ideas using structured thinking by reevaluating existing approaches and processes (Innovation and Creativity);
- Proactively acts upon opportunities and is a self-starter (Takes initiative).
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.