Description About this role
BlackRock is one of the pre-eminent global asset management firms and a world-class provider of global investment management, risk management and advisory services to institutional, intermediary and individual investors around the world. BlackRock offers a range of solutions - from fundamental and quantitative active management approaches aimed at maximizing outperformance to highly efficient indexing strategies designed to gain broad exposure to the world's capital markets. Our clients can access our investment solutions through a variety of product structures, including individual and institutional separate accounts, mutual funds and other pooled investment vehicles, and the industry-leading iShares® ETFs.
Accounting Services and Oversight ("ASO") is a unit within Business Operations. ASO, in part, is responsible for the oversight of accounting service providers for BlackRock's US and CAD Mutual Funds, Americas iShares and BTC Collective Investment Funds ("CIFs") as well as providing strategic product support for other teams throughout BlackRock. Role Responsibilities:
Within ASO, we perform daily and monthly functions using appropriate controls in accordance with accounting and procedural policies. We also partner with custodians, counterparties, accounting providers and various internal departments to resolve operational, valuation and accounting issues. We are a group that enjoys problem solving and working collaboratively. We are seeking a hardworking, ambitious learner, who has a strong work ethic to join our team. The ASO Analyst will assist in all functions focusing on the daily accounting oversight of the mutual funds, iShares and CIFs. An Analyst will also conduct tasks including reconciliation oversight, review of fund performance against benchmarks and oversight of fund expenses. You will communicate with all levels of management, participate in product life cycle events, such as fund launches, mergers and liquidations, and complete tasks in an accurate and timely manner. The suite of services provided to our clients offers opportunities for further personal learning, both in terms of product types and accounting complexities, as well as the ongoing development of technical strengths. As a member of ASO, you will have the opportunity for continued professional development with a career path within the group, or into other operating teams or business areas across BlackRock. Skills:
Strengths You'll Need :
- Bachelor's degree is required
- 1 to 4 years of equivalent work experience in the Mutual Fund Industry
- Minimum of 1 years' experience in Mutual Fund Accounting, Administration or Audit preferred
- Mutual fund regulatory, GAAP and tax knowledge preferred
- Excellent organization, communication and writing skills
- Proficient in Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Proven ability to work in a team oriented environment
- Enjoys a fast-paced, high-intensity environment
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer -- M/F/D/V
- Attention to detail, accurate work and analyze relevant information using logic and consider relevant facts to make rational, realistic and sound decisions
- Excellent verbal and interpersonal communication skills; clear articulation of financial analyses and issues to management
- Self-motivated, determined to achieve goals and works hard to meet those goals.
- Promotes and facilitates the group's work while contributing to the group using encouragement and motivation
- Effectively plans, implements and controls major projects or strategic assignments that involve multiple resources and sophisticated scheduling in a team or cross-functional approach.
- Makes timely decisions and is prepared to take action in conditions of uncertainty or ambiguity
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation. Our benefits
To help you stay energized, engaged and inspired, we offer a wide range of benefits including a strong retirement plan, tuition reimbursement, comprehensive healthcare, support for working parents and Flexible Time Off (FTO) so you can relax, recharge and be there for the people you care about. About BlackRock
At BlackRock, we are all connected by one mission: to help more and more people experience financial well-being. Our clients, and the people they serve, are saving for retirement, paying for their children's educations, buying homes and starting businesses. Their investments also help to strengthen the global economy: support businesses small and large; finance infrastructure projects that connect and power cities; and facilitate innovations that drive progress.
This mission would not be possible without our smartest investment - the one we make in our employees. It's why we're dedicated to creating an environment where our colleagues feel welcomed, valued and supported with networks, benefits and development opportunities to help them thrive.
For additional information on BlackRock, please visit careers.blackrock.com | www.blackrock.com/corporate | Instagram: @blackrock | Twitter: @blackrock | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest or conviction records in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.