Analytics Engineering, Strategic Analytics
- Wilmington, DE, USA Wilmington DE US
- Permanent, Full time
- Barclays - US
- 21 May 18 2018-05-21
The Analytics Engineering Retention Analyst is responsible for monthly production and maintenance of the ECM Retention engine, providing analytical support for engine optimization, and working towards migration onto the Big Data platform to take advantage of new capabilities. This role also provides control and backup support for the other ECM engines managed by the Analytics Engineering team. Activities for this role will be split approximately 50% production/control and 50% analytics.
It is the policy of Barclays to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law.
Dynamic working gives everyone at Barclays the opportunity to integrate professional and personal lives, if you have a need for flexibility then please discuss this with the hiring manager.
- Run monthly production process of the ECM Retention engine.
- Provide analytical support to optimize the Retention engine for BCUS credit card portfolio
- Work toward getting Retention engine moved onto the Big Data platform.
- Analyze customer performance data and complete quantitative analyses using statistical software packages such as MS Excel, SAS, SQL, python, and R.
- Provide analytical support for new product development initiatives by identifying opportunities to drive customer engagement in the Retention program.
- Recommend test/control methodologies for Retention strategies and track performance of past tests to recommend future improvements
Stakeholder Management and Leadership
Person on the job will interact with Marketing, Segment teams, CD, BTG, Care and Customer Experience team to ensure the correct implementation of the targeting strategies.
Decision-making and Problem Solving
Strong problem solving skills. Person needs to be resourceful with a can-do attitude to independently push things forward while working with key stakeholders. Ability to make decision on the fly when equipped with the right analysis and business insights.
Risk and Control Objective
Ensure that all activities and duties are carried out in full compliance with regulatory requirements, Enterprise Wide Risk Management Framework and internal Barclays Policies and Policy Standards.
- Bachelor's degree in an analytical / statistical discipline required (e.g. Statistics, Economics, Mathematics, Finance, Operations Research or related quantitative).
- 5+ years of analytical experience, Bank Cards or related financial services industry preferred
- Master's degree in an analytical / statistical discipline required (e.g. Statistics, Economics, Mathematics, Finance, Operations Research or related quantitative).
- 3 Years of financial services experience with progressive responsibilities over that period
- Experience with python, R, and/or other related machine learning tools / languages
- Strong knowledge of SAS and Excel
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment