Associate, Application Packaging Engineer
Description About this role
BlackRock is looking for a full time Application Packaging Analyst for the Packaging team part of Digital Workspace Operations based in Mumbai. Reporting into Application function lead, the individual will be responsible for supporting Application Packaging and Deployment activities. Packaging team strive to provide outstanding levels of service to our clients, ensuring they have the right applications that need and deploying these software smoothly to all global users. Team Overview
Digital Workspace Operations team is responsible for the end user experience of all BlackRock employees. Packaging Team under Digital Workspace Operations is responsible for packaging of all software used by global users on different platforms including Desktop, Laptop, VDI, Citrix, MAC etc. Team is also responsible for Deploying applications to global users and managing the updates and patching requirements. Software vulnerability and End of Life management is also the key focus for the team. Team some various migration projects for packaging scope and provide high level support for application issues. Team is majorly based in Mumbai with small presence in London and Delaware. Key Responsibilities
- Create application package in MSI and/or Virtual format (App-V 5.0) for Windows (Desktops & Citrix) and Casper packages for Mac.
- Deploying packages through SCCM to production and global users.
- Assist in handling internal packaging QA process
- Perform complete end to end packaging activities include source validation till deployment and production support
- Engage internal customer to obtain packaging requirements and create technical documents with solutions to meet requirements and scale to large environment.
- Ensure prerequisites or dependencies as well as BlackRock packaging/deployment standards are accounted for in the solution delivered.
- Engage Application Owner/Developer/Vendor to assist with technical configuration when necessary.
- Handle multiple requests to ensure all packages are delivered within SLA & meet the business emergencies.
- Perform internal testing/quality assurance to ensure package complies with standards.
- Coordinate testing and User Acceptance Signoff with application owner.
- Remediate issues discovered during testing or deployment.
- Stage deployments to the target audience using SCCM for Windows or Casper for Mac.
- Create change requests in change management system when applicable.
- Provide L3 level support on package functionality or deployment issues in production.
- Engage with project teams as needed to provide packaging and deployment support.
- Provide L3 level support of desktops, laptops, and Virtual desktop environment.
- Drive process improvements and Automations to increase effectiveness and Quality.
- 5-7 Yrs of professional experience in IT Industry
- 6-Mimimum 4 years of experience in Application Packaging using Installshield AdminStudio
- Min 4 years of experience in Microsoft Application Virtualization and sequencing tasks (App-V 4.6 and App-V 5.1)
- 2-4 years of experience in software deployment using SCCM (2007/2012)
- Knowledge of Automation/scripting using PowerShell/VBScript.
- Knowledge of creating Mac packages & deployment using Casper.
- Knowledge of Active Directory, Group Policy, Antivirus Software, Citrix, Virtual Desktop environments.
- Good communication skills & team player, ability to co-ordinate well within local/global teams within same function as well as cross functional teams, Works under general supervision; reports to a team lead or manager.
- Demonstrates ability to organize and coordinate activities associated with all aspects of application packaging requirements, certification, testing, reporting and deployment.
- Demonstrates ability to ensure processes are being followed by the team and suggest improvements
- Development skills a plus
To help you stay energized, engaged and inspired, we offer a wide range of benefits including a strong retirement plan, tuition reimbursement, comprehensive healthcare, support for working parents and Flexible Time Off (FTO) so you can relax, recharge and be there for the people you care about. About BlackRock
At BlackRock, we are all connected by one mission: to help more and more people experience financial well-being. Our clients, and the people they serve, are saving for retirement, paying for their children's educations, buying homes and starting businesses. Their investments also help to strengthen the global economy: support businesses small and large; finance infrastructure projects that connect and power cities; and facilitate innovations that drive progress.
This mission would not be possible without our smartest investment - the one we make in our employees. It's why we're dedicated to creating an environment where our colleagues feel welcomed, valued and supported with networks, benefits and development opportunities to help them thrive.
For additional information on BlackRock, please visit careers.blackrock.com | www.blackrock.com/corporate | Instagram: @blackrock | Twitter: @blackrock | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest or conviction records in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.