Associate, Data Operations
Description About this role
BlackRock is a leader in investment management, risk management and advisory services for institutional and retail clients worldwide! As of June 30, 2021, BlackRock's AUM was $9.49 trillion, making it the largest asset manager globally. BlackRock helps clients meet their goals and overcome challenges with a range of products that include separate accounts, mutual funds, iShares® (exchange-traded funds), and other pooled investment vehicles. BlackRock also offers risk management, advisory and enterprise investment system services to a broad base of institutional investors through BlackRock Solutions®. Headquartered in New York City, the firm employs over 16,000 talented professionals and maintains offices in more than 30 countries around the world and is a major presence in key global markets, including North and South America, Europe, Asia, Australia, the Middle East and Africa! For additional information, please visit the Company's website at www.blackrock.com | Twitter: @blackrock_news | Blog: www.blackrockblog.com | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock
Data & AI ensures that all portfolio information (Core Enterprise Data) necessary for the investment management process is complete, accurate, timely and effectively controlled using the latest technology and tools. Data & AI provides information services and solutions in support of all BlackRock and BlackRock Solutions businesses.
The Data Integrity Group (DIG), a member of BlackRock's Data & Artificial Intelligence, Data Operations organization, is entrusted with the management of security, market, and credit data that is integral to the investment decision process for BlackRock and its BlackRock Solutions (BRS) business. DIG closely aligns with its partners, such as Portfolio Management, BlackRock Capital Markets, Relationship Management, Portfolio Compliance, Risk Analytics, Regulatory Reporting, and others, with the goal of supplying accurate data, timely and efficiently, throughout BlackRock's proprietary Aladdin® Trading system. DIG is a distributed team, with presence across 8 offices in 4 countries, servicing more than $30 trillion in AUM on Aladdin for BlackRock and BRS clients spanning 6 continents and the spectrum of the financial markets. Responsibilities:
- Model new holdings for terms and conditions as well as time series data in the Aladdin Investment System for BlackRock and BRS Clients.
- Resolve Security and Issuer modeling related issues for partner groups in the investment decision process, including trade confirmation, projected vs realized cash flows, risk analytics, compliance and regulatory adherence, collateral management, credit exposures, and others.
- Ad hoc data analysis for key projects, sales opportunities, and new client implementations.
- Liaise with internal and external clients to as subject matter authorities in Aladdin security, issuer, and credit data.
- Constantly evaluate process and procedures for inefficiencies and make recommendations for improvement
- Partner with business analysts and developers in innovation to improve the Aladdin product, build process efficiency and scale, improve data quality, reduce operating risk, and navigate the changing market.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience is required, with preference to business subject areas such as Finance, Accounting, or Economics, and technical subject areas such as Computer Science, Information Systems, or Engineering
- A minimum of 2-4 years of experience in the financial services industry
- A "Student of the Markets" mentality: Intellectually curious with a passion for learning about the global financial markets and the investment management business.
- A sound knowledge of fixed income, equity and derivative instruments.
- Ability to work in an ambitious, fast paced, and team oriented environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills combined with agile critical thinking and a problem-solving attitude.
- Base knowledge of technical tools such as SQL, UNIX, or Python is a plus
To help you stay energized, engaged and inspired, we offer a wide range of benefits including a strong retirement plan, tuition reimbursement, comprehensive healthcare, support for working parents and Flexible Time Off (FTO) so you can relax, recharge and be there for the people you care about. About BlackRock
At BlackRock, we are all connected by one mission: to help more and more people experience financial well-being. Our clients, and the people they serve, are saving for retirement, paying for their children's educations, buying homes and starting businesses. Their investments also help to strengthen the global economy: support businesses small and large; finance infrastructure projects that connect and power cities; and facilitate innovations that drive progress.
This mission would not be possible without our smartest investment - the one we make in our employees. It's why we're dedicated to creating an environment where our colleagues feel welcomed, valued and supported with networks, benefits and development opportunities to help them thrive.
For additional information on BlackRock, please visit careers.blackrock.com | www.blackrock.com/corporate | Instagram: @blackrock | Twitter: @blackrock | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest or conviction records in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.