C13 - Operational Risk Officer – NA CBORC SORM Support
The U.S. Branded Cards Operational Risk Manager reports to the Leader of the Branded Cards Senior Operational Risk Management (SORM) support and analytics team. The goal of this team is to provide facilitation, expertise and assurance for the effective management of the Branded Cards Operational Risk Control Environment in line with Operational Risk Management 2nd Line (ORM) policy, Independent Compliance Risk Management (ICRM), Regulatory and Internal Audit (IA) expectations. The team is responsible for execution of governance routines, reporting, data analytics, regulation analytics, policy analytics, and end to end MCA analytics. This person will work alongside Business Operational Risk Managers (BORMs) to ensure effective risk management is embedded in day to day business strategies, and related activities.
- Provides Citi Risk & Controls expertise in keeping the system updated with the latest ARCMs, including Inherent Risk systemic scoring, issues mapping, loss mapping, dependency mapping and residual risk reviews
- Provides analytical support in terms of Inherent risks, residual risks, compensating controls, issue/loss themes and trends at both the Assessment Unit(AU), Governance Entity(MGE) and Lower Level Implementation Unit - Total Branded Cards (LLIU) Levels
- Provides project management, analytic, reporting and presentation document support for all aspects of Manager Control Assessment (MCA) processes, Annual Risk Assessment (ARA), Quarterly Risk Assessment (QRA), Continuous Risk Management and Monitoring (CRM)
- Supports Management of governance routines related to issue creation (Draft Review), issue validation (RAVC), regulatory updates (CFPB/OCC Monthly/quarterly routines)
- Manages governance of operational risk losses, ensuring losses are tracked, timely entered and validated into the loss capture system and escalated where applicable
- Provides execution and delivery of management reporting on issues and losses for all of Branded Cards including business owned issues / losses and supporting functions
- Drives support and analysis for residual risk management and escalation through the Key Operational Risk (KOR) Program as per ORM Policy requirements
- Engages in Internal Audit reviews, ICRM reviews, and regulatory reviews as control expertise is required.
- Provides deep dive analytics for Assessment of Control and Monitoring Design (CMDA)
- Facilitates and drives requirements for the regulatory inventory mapping initiative including providing support and analytics for mapping detailed requirements of applicable regulations (i.e. Reg Z, UDAAP, etc.) to existing or proposed controls. Identifying risk and control statement improvements and overall assuring ARCMs are meeting audit and regulatory expectation
- Analyzes regulatory requirements to ensure adherence across all Branded Cards business and support areas for assurance that every detailed risk is mitigated, mapping and controlled
- Assumes leadership role in ensuring all Citi Risk & Controls (GRC) changes, issues and requirements are cascaded, executed and closed out. This includes a range of responsibilities such as standard / enterprise control profile adoption, QRA requirements, ARA requirements system access reviews, migrations, and change management.
- 5+ years relevant experience
- Significant experience in Operational Risk is a must. Other risk and control disciplines would be a plus - credit, and market.
- Project Management Experience
- Experience in Internal Audit or Financial Control would be desirable.
- Expertise in the following would be beneficial: Fraud Awareness and Risk Management Operations and Systems (Information Security Standards, Vendor/Outsourcing Management and MCA Legal and Regulatory Compliance Management of a global operations and a complex environment that includes global teams.
- Excellent communication skills - verbal & written
Job Family Group:
- Bachelor's/University degree, Master's degree preferred
Risk Management Job Family:
Operational Risk Time Type:
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi") invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi
View the " EEO is the Law
" poster. View the EEO is the Law Supplement
View the EEO Policy Statement
View the Pay Transparency Posting