Cash & Asset Operations Analyst
Description About this role
Want to elevate your career by being a part of the world's largest asset manager? Do you thrive in an environment that fosters positive relationships and recognizes stellar service? Are analyzing complex problems and identifying solutions your passion? Look no further. BlackRock is currently seeking a Cash & Asset Operations Analyst to become part of our team. We recognize that strength comes from diversity, and will embrace your rare skills, eagerness, and passion while giving you the opportunity to grow professionally and as an individual.
We know you want to feel valued every single day and be recognized for your contribution. At BlackRock we strive to empower our employees and actively engage your involvement in our success. With over USD $8.7 trillion of assets we have an extraordinary responsibility: our technology and services empower millions of investors to save for retirement, pay for college, buy a home and improve their financial well-being. Come join our team and experience what it feels like to be part of an organization that makes a difference Job Purpose:
The GIO Cash & Asset Operations Team is a dedicated group of professionals who ensure that all BlackRock cash & position data are accurate for critical processes including investment management, analytics, compliance, and regulatory. Our team provides information services and solutions in support of all BlackRock and BlackRock Solutions businesses. The roles and responsibilities will include actively managing risk and exposure for BlackRock by ensuring the investment book of record reconciled with external prime record holders daily. The role requires an understanding of the mechanics of the reconciliation process, exception management, troubleshooting issues, driving innovative enhancements, data analysis, maintaining documentation, assisting management in leading processes, and recommending improvements to ensure efficient and accurate processes.
The primary work location for this role is Wilmington, Delaware. Key responsibilities:
- Ensure reconciliations are successfully completed and troubleshoot any discrepancies
- Review cash & asset position exceptions daily including researching differences and resolving them in an accurate and timely manner
- Ensure accuracy of published cash figures
- Demonstrate full understanding of the trade life cycle
- Where appropriate, validate, confirm and settle manufactured income reclaims for Security Lending funds.
- Actively managing risk and exposure for BlackRock by ensuring BlackRock manufactured income obligations are being met daily.
- Data analysis enhancing transparency, decision drivers and efficiency
- Work with internal/external stakeholders to ensure issues are being appropriately reviewed and progressing to completion
- Develop expertise around team control mechanisms and reporting
- Identify and coordinate escalation of priority issues
- Actively participate in all team meetings including review of key risk and process indicators
- Understand and adhere to all regulatory requirements impacting the reconciliation process
- Ability to evaluate systems, procedures and make recommendations for improvement
- Participate in various efficiency and capacity-building initiatives, including automation/ standardization efforts
- Understand upstream processes impactful to the reconciliation and develop ability to correlate the effect of change
- Maintain accurate process documents and train team members to ensure holistic understanding
- Accurately record metrics related to responsibilities to enable management to have a good view of team productivity and efficiency
- Bachelor's degree - concentration in Accounting, Finance, Business or Economics is preferred
- Understanding of financial instruments is preferred
- Strong, effective analytical and problem solving skills
- Organized approach to ensure follow up on outstanding issues and identify appropriate action to be taken
- Attention to detail to ensure a high degree of accuracy for all deliverables
- Excellent communication skills to effectively articulate solutions to internal and external stakeholders
- Ability to multi-task and balance requests without losing sight of overall objectives and deadlines
- Exceptional decision-making skills and ability to communicate effectively with senior management
- Ability to work in a team environment and build strong relationships with colleagues and external contacts
- Ability to work in a fast paced, rapid changing, deadline driven environment
- Expertise in Microsoft office products with an emphasis on Excel
To help you stay energized, engaged and inspired, we offer a wide range of benefits including a strong retirement plan, tuition reimbursement, comprehensive healthcare, support for working parents and Flexible Time Off (FTO) so you can relax, recharge and be there for the people you care about. About BlackRock
At BlackRock, we are all connected by one mission: to help more and more people experience financial well-being. Our clients, and the people they serve, are saving for retirement, paying for their children's educations, buying homes and starting businesses. Their investments also help to strengthen the global economy: support businesses small and large; finance infrastructure projects that connect and power cities; and facilitate innovations that drive progress.
This mission would not be possible without our smartest investment - the one we make in our employees. It's why we're dedicated to creating an environment where our colleagues feel welcomed, valued and supported with networks, benefits and development opportunities to help them thrive.
For additional information on BlackRock, please visit careers.blackrock.com | www.blackrock.com/corporate | Instagram: @blackrock | Twitter: @blackrock | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest or conviction records in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.