Fraud Risk Officer
About Global Consumer Bank
Citi's Global Consumer Bank (GCB), a global leader in credit cards, wealth management and commercial banking, serves as a trusted partner to more than 110 million customers in 19 countries worldwide, providing financial services that enable growth and economic progress. The Global Consumer Bank operates four business lines - Branded Cards, Retail Services, Retail Banking and Commercial Banking - in three priority markets: Asia, Mexico and the U.S. Over the past few years, our business has transformed to become a simpler, leaner, focused franchise.
Citi is on a journey to become a world-class digital bank has tangibly accelerated with a mobile-first strategic focus and deployment of a new, agile operating model fostered massive improvements in the design and delivery of digital features and in the customer experience. As a result the franchise has seen significant growth in the number of digital users, mobile downloads and digital engagement. About the GCB Fraud Prevention Organization
The financial crimes environment continues to be challenging, with cybercrime worldwide remaining highly lucrative and criminals becoming more organized and sophisticated, making it harder to distinguish between real and fraudulent customers. To combat the agile threat, the Global Consumer Bank (GCB) Fraud Prevention organization operates leveraging an intelligence-led, threat driven model that targets fraud along the entire fraud lifecycle, enabling the integration of analysis, dissemination of information and coordination of action with speed and agility across businesses and regions. Fraud Risk Officer (Technical Model Writer)
This role reports to the Global Head of Fraud Modeling and is responsible for the development and management of technical and model documentation, regulatory communications, modeling manuals, and preparation of related executive materials. Imperative to this role is the ability to explain complex, technical information in a clear and concise manner, and to effectively communicate with internal and cross-functional partners to capture comprehensive requirements.
This candidate will be partnering closely with modelers and analytical staff, as well as business partners and external vendors to keep apprised of various modeling, strategy and technology initiatives impacting the Fraud organization. This role also requires engaging with regulators such as the OCC on various aspects of fraud model development, performance monitoring and model governance. Responsibilities:
- Plan, develop and manage model and other technical documents supporting GCB Fraud Prevention
- Research, develop and document technical design specifications and test scripts
- Maintain a comprehensive library of technical terminology and reference materials
- Manage timely updates and revisions to technical literature
- Distill diverse and complex information from various sources and translate into comprehensive and easy to follow documentation that is appropriate for intended audiences who often do not possess the technical knowledge.
- Provide subject matter expertise in fraud procedures, tools, systems used modeling and analytics
- Leverage knowledge of information acquired to identify potential process gaps and opportunities for improving effectiveness of controls and governance processes.
- Build effective relationships within and outside the Fraud organization to help ensure successful and timely execution of key portfolio priorities.
Job Family Group:
- 5+ years of proven experience with technical writing within Financial Services, Technology or other industry requiring same/similar skills
- Bachelor's degree in Statistics, Analytics, Economics, Finance, or Information Management is required. An advanced degree is highly desirable.
- Effective communicator, with ability to explain complex information in a clear and concise manner and effectively communicate analytical findings to a wide array of audiences.
- Effective cross-functional project, resource, and stakeholder engagement and management, with ability to effectively drive collaboration across teams
- Ability to multi-task and work against tight deadlines
- Ability to make decisions independently with minimal guidance from management
- Working understanding and knowledge of various quantitative, optimization and predictive analytics techniques a plus
Risk Management Job Family:
Fraud Risk Time Type:
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi") invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi
View the " EEO is the Law
" poster. View the EEO is the Law Supplement
View the EEO Policy Statement
View the Pay Transparency Posting