Relationship Associate/Trust Administrator
- Wilmington, DE, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- Franklin Templeton Investments
- 18 Oct 17 2017-10-18
Relationship Associate/Trust Administrator
Fiduciary Trust Company International has been a trusted investment manager for individuals, families and foundations for more than 80 years. With world-class capabilities in investment management, trust and estate services, and custody services, we have the expertise to meet the requirements of the most sophisticated clients and their advisors, and can help assure that their families' needs will be met long into future generations.
In 2001, Fiduciary Trust joined forces with Franklin Resources, Inc., a global investment management company operating as Franklin Templeton Investments. The acquisition presented both companies with an opportunity to expand and enhance their resources, services and global presence by combining complementary areas of expertise.
The Relationship Associate will support the Trust Officer, Portfolio Manager and Relationship Manager in managing the wealth and financial needs of High Net Worth Family Relationships. The Relationship Associate will interact directly with the clients on a daily basis and manage follow-up and/or ongoing client deliverables.
The Relationship Associate will focus on four major categories of responsibilities: (1) client service; (2) administration of accounts with close adherence to policy and procedure; (3) trust administration and (4) manager support.
- Provide excellent client service; interact directly with high net worth clients.
- Independently manage all follow-up and/or ongoing client service deliverables.
- Communicate and coordinate with other areas within the company (Legal, Marketing, Business Development, Operations, Investment Management, Estate Administration, Compliance, Strategic Advisory Group, Account Services Team, etc.) in an effort to meet deliverables.
- Support Trust Officers, Portfolio Managers and Relationship Managers on all types of client service matters.
- Attend client meetings; participate in discussions about client needs/goals, etc.
- Be proactive, alert and focused on constantly improving quality of client's services.
- Proactively manage cash balances to prevent overdrafts; act as cash manager for and coordinate with Portfolio Manager on raising cash to cure overdrafts.
- Ensure that synoptic data on trust summary sheets is accurate and up to date.
- Prepare Discretionary Action Memorandums and arrange for beneficiary distributions.
- Arrange for the timely payment of trust expenses.
- Work with outside tax preparers to ensure tax filings and payments are timely made.
- Obtain tax documents, as applicable.
- Facilitate and implement investment and/or distribution directions.
- Arrange for the funding of trust accounts in facilitating payment of expenses and distributions.
- Participates in annual account reviews.
- Assists in remediation efforts and with special projects.
- Maintains solid working knowledge of internal policies/procedures regarding fiduciary and administrative issues.
- Demonstrates solid ability to interpret and apply terms of governing instrument.
Education and Experience:
- Undergraduate degree from a four-year college/university required or Equivalent Experience
- Completed Trust School, Claritas certification, desirable, but not required.
- 2-5 years of trust administration experience in the financial services industry with client-facing experience.
- Interested in exploring CFA, CFP, and/or CTFA designations desired, but not required.
- Willingness and desire to learn and grow within the company's client service model.
- Strong understanding and basic knowledge of investments, trust, and estates.
- Trust Administration background and knowledge.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Detail-oriented with the ability to multi-task and meet deadlines.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Ability to work in a team-oriented environment.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to interact with clients and build new client relationships.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and handle client account information.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel & PowerPoint is a must
- Strong computer skills.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Self-starter with the ability to be persistent in solving problems.
- Ability to practice good judgment while making basic business decisions.
- Effectively handle various projects and deadlines and to prioritize each task appropriately.