As a Barclays Retail POS Credit Strategy Lead you will be responsible for optimising valuation led acquisition underwriting strategies to drive resilient growth of the Barclays US Partner portfolio. You will evaluate various data sources to optimise underwriting and line assignment processes. You will also manage underwriting, line and pricing assignment, strategy implementation and validation, and partner level performance tracking.
Barclays is one of the world's largest and most respected financial institutions, with 329 years of success, quality and innovation behind us. We've helped millions of individuals and businesses thrive, creating financial and digital solutions that the world now takes for granted. An important and growing presence in the USA, we offer careers providing endless opportunity.
What will you be doing?
- As a member of a cross functional team, you will evaluate potential new Retail POS partner opportunities
- Utilising segment level valuations, develop Credit Strategies (Underwriting, Line and Pricing) for US Retail POS Portfolio
- Evaluating alternative data for underwriting and line assignment strategies using statistical analysis techniques such as CHAID Decision Trees
- Using optimisation procedures, loss forecasting, enhanced process monitoring, data quality analyses, and incorporate score implementations supporting launch
- Working with segment owners and Implementation teams to ensure project completion within agreed time frames and end-client satisfaction
- Analyzing, validating, tracking, and monitoring delivered projects
- Developing and monitoring customized manual underwriting process
- You will be involved in the Business Development process of evaluating potential new partner deals
What we’re looking for:
- Bachelor’s degree finance, economics, business or equivalent disciplines
- Retail Point of Sale or Consumer Loans experience within Financial and Credit Risk Management Industry
- Significant experience of analytical financial services industry/credit card is essential
- Proven building underwriting and/or line assignment credit strategies is a must
Skills that will help you in the role:
- Master’s degree finance, economics, business or equivalent disciplines preferred
- Robust knowledge experience with SAS/SQL or other relevant statistical tools
- Strong analytical, technical and statistical skills with proven ability to disseminate data
- Strong Excel, Power Point and presentation skills
Where will you be working?
Barclays' Wilmington campus includes two beautiful buildings located along the historic Wilmington Riverfront. A glance out our windows reveal a scenic look at the Christina River, along with a growing riverfront community of luxury apartments, shops, and restaurants. Additionally, the Wilmington train station is a short walk away making travel from New York and Washington, DC convenient.