Senior Business Intelligence & Reporting Analyst
- Wilmington, DE, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- Michael Page International - US
- 23 Oct 18
Identify business intelligence, reporting and data analysis needs. Work with FCRM clients to determine business requirements and priorities. Analyze data, monitor rules implementation, optimize and validate red flags using a strong understanding of AML and terrorist financing risks within a financial institution.
My client is a Commercial bank offering private-label banking and technology solutions to non-bank companies ranging from entrepreneurial start-ups to those on the Fortune 500. The strategic focus on a handful of high-growth financial service sectors such as Payments, Health Benefit Banking, Institutional Banking, and Specialized Lending has resulted in tremendous organizational growth and widespread recognition. My client now is comprised of a diverse team that includes bankers, business strategists, fin-tech experts, software developers, program managers, regulatory advisors, information security specialists and category thought leaders.
Key responsibilities include:
- Prepare monthly reports for senior leadership and the board.
- Provide reporting support to the FCRM function through analytical and practical application of monitoring and detection of BSA/AML red flags.
- Analyze alerted data through BSA/AML and fraud monitoring rules to further optimize efficiency and reduce false positives and noise.
- Perform monthly maintenance of high risk customer groups by working with different groups in FCRM and IT.
- Assist with maintaining and updating transaction code mapping between the systems.
- Research system issues that arise in FCRM to understand the nature and root cause of the problem working with IT to resolve.
- Work with clients to determine business requirements and priorities. Build strong working relationships with leaders throughout the FCRM, Risk, Compliance and Legal teams to understand and address the business and data needs.
- Identify and assess use cases and departmental documentation to ensure all identified scenarios are properly tested and defects are resolved prior to production.
- Develop and improve use cases as needed to demonstrate issues and assure a quality product is delivered.
- Define key performance indicators (KPIs) and develop business intelligence and data warehousing strategy as it applies to the FCRM function.
- Perform monthly validation sampling of transactions interfacing from core to BSA/AML monitoring system.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
The successful candidate will have:
- An undergraduate degree (with major in MS, Finance, Accounting or Business)
- A minimum of 2 - 4 years banking experience working with systems related to BSA/AML monitoring and risk rating customers
- A minimum of 2 years public accounting or auditing (Big 4 experience) preferred
- Related analytical and systems process experience, specifically with Business Objects, Tableau, SQL, Quickbase or related data applications preferred. Experienced in writing ad-hoc reports using SQL.
- Certified Anti-Money Laundering Specialist (CAMS) highly preferred
- Working knowledge of risk rating and monitoring customers per BSA/AML FinCEN guidance
- Deep understanding of BSA/AML processes with a strong working knowledge of Financial Crimes regulatory and risk environments specifically BSA/AML
- Strong attention to detail and documentation
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- A team player able to work effectively in a team fostered, multi-tasking environment
Proficient in Microsoft Office suite, e.g. Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Outlook. Excel proficiency includes using pivot tables, formulas, data mining, etc.
Competitive Salary + Benefits