Strategy & Governance Analyst
- Not Specified
- Wilmington, DE, USA Wilmington DE US
- Permanent, Full time
- 13 Aug 18 2018-08-13
As a key member of Global Provider Strategy, the role will be responsible for supporting the establishment of key strategy and governance related activities and connecting with internal business partners to facilitate streamlined engagement and enhanced control and risk monitoring with our strategic partners. Key
BlackRock helps investors build better financial futures. As a fiduciary to our clients, we provide the investment and technology solutions they need when planning for their most important goals. As of June 30, 2018, the firm managed approximately $6.3 trillion in assets on behalf of investors worldwide. For additional information on BlackRock, please visit www.blackrock.com | Twitter: @blackrock | Blog: www.blackrockblog.com | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock.
Are you looking to take your career to the next level? Want to use your diverse background in audit, compliance, legal and/or risk to make a vital impact every single day? At BlackRock, we are looking for a Strategy & Governance Analyst who is curious, collaborative, analytical, and passionate. We recognize that strength comes from diversity, and will embrace your rare skills, inquisitiveness, and passion while giving you the opportunity to grow professionally and as an individual.
You want to feel valued every single day, and be recognized for your contribution. At BlackRock we strive to empower our employees and actively engage your involvement in our success. With over USD $6 trillion of assets we have an extraordinary responsibility: our technology and services empower millions of investors to save for retirement, pay for college, buy a home and improve their financial well-being. Come join our team and experience what it feels like to be part of an organization that makes a difference.
As a Strategy and Governance Analyst you will be part of our larger Global Business Operations & Technology Group, which includes Global Provider Strategy, Global Client Services, Global Fund & Accounting Services, Global Data Services, Aladdin Portfolio Services, Corporate Services and Technology Services, has about 4,100+ employees. Rest assured, we focus on who you are, not what number you are.
Global Provider Strategy develops and executes the firm's operating strategy for partnering with custodial, accounting agent, and transfer agent providers. The team works closely with product and client channels to derive long-term strategies with global service providers, determines optimal operating models, oversees contractual and service governance, manages provider financial dynamics as well as managing the selection and review of providers when necessary.
As a key member of Global Provider Strategy, you will support the formation of key strategy and governance related activities. Including collaboration with internal business partners to facilitate streamlined engagement and improved risk and control monitoring with our strategic partners. Key facets of the role include:
- Provide support to Strategy & Governance leads;
- Process Request for Proposal (RFP) for new provider searches, incorporating delivery of management information, reporting to key partners and owning overall co-ordination of project logistics;
- Perform contract reviews and support negotiations on behalf of operational teams, anticipating the funds/firms needs in the future, understanding the legal and business impact of contract terms in partnership with internal & external legal counsel;
- Deliver modeling and reporting to evaluate financial and systemic risks within our provider landscape utilizing meaningful metrics and management information;
- Work closely with GPS relationship management colleagues to ensure connectivity on provider performance, new developments and strategic projects;
- Engage with relevant teams in the management of audits, regulatory and client inquiries
TO ENSURE SUCCESS, YOU WILL HAVE THE FOLLOWING QUALIFICATIONS:
- Degree or Diploma in Finance, Legal or mathematical-based field required
- 2+ years of relevant investment industry experience, preferably with emphasis in audit, compliance, legal, risk and/or relationship management functions.
- Experience with various industry standard frameworks such SSAE 18 SOC 1, Risk Control Self-Assessment or similar desirable
- Familiarity with OCC regulations and other banking/investment regulators applicable to investment managers and the banking industry also helpful
- Alternatively experience in reviewing service provider contracts from a business perspective highly desirable (fund administration, depositary, custody, transfer agency etc.)
Lastly, your creative thinking relative to future market evolution and new product development, plus maintaining your enthusiasm for data-driven strategy will provide continued success. Your ability to synthesize information, summarize issues, coupled with your attention to detail will set you apart. Your stellar communication skills, knack for organizing and leading multiple projects at a time will get you noticed.
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.