Trading and Market Documentation Analyst/Associate - DEL
Description About this role
Are you a Derivative Operations professional searching for an exciting, challenging, multi-faceted leadership opportunity with the world's largest asset manager? Do you pride yourself on building positive relationships, leading and developing hardworking teams and elevating performance? Look no further! BlackRock is pursuing an Associate to become a part of our team. We recognize that strength comes from diversity, and will embrace your rare skills, eagerness, and passion while giving you freedom to grow expertly and as an individual.
The Trading and Market Documentation team (TMD) within the Global Investment Operations Organization is responsible for the onboarding and maintenance of static and dynamic portfolio data that drives trade messaging and settlement. We are also engaged in all cross-functional tasks within the broader organization which consists of Transaction Management, Derivative Operations, Securities Lending, and Corporate Actions. Candidates will also support the Market Opening documentation where there is a requirement in the given country and support a growing area in a dynamic and challenging environment on a global team.
We act as the primary interface for a number of internal partner groups for the execution of change, facilitates the oversight of all custodian connectivity on behalf of GIO groups, and ensures routing and counterparty information is complete and in place to support trading. Additionally, the team serves as the central point of contact for market openings and the documentation of standing settlement instructions. We play a prominent role in both market and firm initiatives, integrations, and supports the overall readiness of portfolios on the BlackRock Aladdin platform. We manage critical data that drives trade confirmation, settlement, trade routing as well as STP with providers (Custodians/Fund Administrators/Transfer Agents) and counterparties. The team works side by side with our production teams in our core operating centers in Delaware and Edinburgh.
The Analyst/Associate completes the team's daily processes and reports to the regional team manager. Responsibilities include completion of daily workflow, reports, control checks, inquiry management through the mailbox, and ownership of work allocated by the team lead. The role provides support to partners, executes on inquiries, raises and tracks issues, and coordinates action plans to address. Additionally, the Associate participates in aligning the team with initiatives impacting the broader group, including process improvements, control reporting, and audit requirements.
You will be responsible for a general understanding of the operating models and methodology within the broader GIO team. You will work in partnership with the global team by attending all relevant calls and meetings and providing and receiving cross-training for coverage purposes. You will identify areas for improvement in scalability and service levels in order to help mitigate risk. You will build relationships with your colleagues, partners, and service providers and work to ensure smooth implementations through communication and your understanding of Aladdin.
- Participate as the TMD partner for portfolio lifecycle event calls
- Timely response and raising of implementation-related inquiries and issues
- Complete workflow/tasks on time
- Actively monitor team workflow with help from manager, assist colleagues in need
- Boot portfolios on Aladdin, populate account attributes
- Confirm basic portfolio functionality
- Establish and confirm inbound/outbound connectivity with custodians (SWIFT/FTP, website)
- Interact with global custodians to open markets, establish standing instructions, ensure trading readiness, confirmation, settlement
- Update ALERT with relevant settlement instructions
- Maintain the Counterparty Maintenance tool (CPM) with appropriate counterparty information in support of trading
- Verify STIF/sweep set-ups
- Sign off on daily control checks
- Monitor and allocate workflow via the Dashboard and team mailbox
- Find opportunities for process improvement
- Build action plans to ensure workflow and service issues are identified are remediated
- Actively participate in cross-training
- Partner with global colleagues to enforce and contribute to "gold copy" processes for BCP/audit purposes
- Use the global and regional team for questions, coverage, and consistency
- Experience in Business Operations and expertise in the Aladdin Suite of products
- Experience with managing relationships and delivering to partners within deadlines
- Familiarity with different financial products and account structures
- Familiarity with overall Life of a Trade and understanding of trade confirmation and settlement processes
- Candidates should be proactive, organized, risk-averse, and passionate about scalability
- Strong attention to detail
- Possess strong interpersonal skills with ability to communicate constructively at all levels
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with the ability to synthesize information and summarize issues at a high level
- Process oriented - effectively review, comprehend and provide recommendations based on methodology
- Comfortable operating within deadlines
- Balancing responsiveness with accuracy
- Ability to effectively manage workflows, and prioritize when needed
- Intermediate-Advanced Excel and SQL experience preferred
- Gain exposure to multiple facets of the investment process
- Develop and extend networking opportunities through partner engagement and multiple touchpoints
- Exposure to change activities, providing variation in the role
- Encouraging of personal & technical growth by working with an encouraging management team keen to help staff reach their career aspirations
- Team is tiered and structured allowing for personal growth, development and promotion
To help you stay energized, engaged and inspired, we offer a wide range of benefits including a strong retirement plan, tuition reimbursement, comprehensive healthcare, support for working parents and Flexible Time Off (FTO) so you can relax, recharge and be there for the people you care about. About BlackRock
BlackRock's purpose is to help more and more people experience financial well-being. As a fiduciary to investors and a leading provider of financial technology, our clients turn to us for the solutions they need when planning for their most important goals. As of June 30, 2020, the firm managed approximately $7.32 trillion in assets on behalf of investors worldwide.
For additional information on BlackRock, please visit www.blackrock.com/corporate | Twitter: @blackrock | Blog: www.blackrockblog.com | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest or conviction records in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.