VP, Credit Portfolio Officer (Risk Transformation))
Citi Branded Cards is the market leader in the US credit card industry with over $95BN in receivables across 25+ million customer relationships. With a pre-eminent global brand and distribution, Citi Branded Cards maintains its leadership position by delivering industry-leading products, advanced services and payment systems that address clients' evolving needs. The Branded Cards business is comprised of Citi Branded Cards Proprietary and Co-Branded partner card products including American Airlines, Costco, AT&T and Expedia products.
Integral to Citi Cards' success is strong and effective Risk Management that allows us to serve our customers while also protecting Citi's interests. Brands Risk Management division comprises of 400+ highly qualified individuals spread across the globe.
Incumbent in this position will be supporting the Risk Analytics transformation activities. The position will work with the NA Consumer Banking Risk Management team and coordinate closely with the Citi India team. The individual will also support vendor management activities for the USCB CRO organization. Regular reporting, communication and timely escalation of critical issues will be essential in order to be successful in the role.
- Work with the Risk Management stakeholders to evaluate transition plan and provide inputs
- Interact closely with the working teams on transition planning, documentation and signoffs
- Communicate with the new staff, hiring managers and senior management to clearly communicate the transition plan, progress and challenges
- Responsible for expense tracking, developing and updating financial planning models and creating scenario analysis for vendor management activities.
- Coordinate budget sign-offs with Finance, Procurement and other relevant stakeholders.
- Collaborate with internal Risk teams as well as off-shore teams for streamlined hiring, onboarding and training of newly on-boarded staff. Ensure Citi guidelines, policies and established procedures are complied with
- Develop and deliver regular updates for working teams and internal Risk management leads on progress of off-shore hiring plan. Highlight risks to plan promptly with remedial recommendations.
- Assist in various aspects of vendor management including invoice management, budget forecasts and contractual amendments, and adherence to Citi global policies and procedures.
- Forecast monthly expenses and provide regular updates to internal stakeholders
- Perform Ad-hoc analyses using SQL/SAS, Teradata, Tableau, and use MIS to communicate drivers of variability in Program performance.
- Able to step-in to help the larger Cobrand Risk management team with MIS coordination, reporting
- Coordinate with the Co-brand risk managers to evaluate and manage alternate data from vendors
- Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made, demonstrating particular consideration for the firm's reputation and safeguarding Citigroup, its clients and assets, by driving compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to Policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal behavior, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing and reporting control issues with transparency.
Job Family Group:
- Bachelor's Degree required in statistics, mathematics, engineering, physics, economics, or related quantitative discipline
- 5+ years' experience in risk management, financial services or relevant field
- Experience with analytical or data manipulation tools (e.g. SAS, SQL, R, SPSS)
- Proficient with MS Office suite
- Excellent quantitative and analytic skills; ability to derive patterns, trends and insights, and perform risk/reward trade-off analysis
- Ability to build effective presentations to communicate analytical findings to a wide array of audiences
- Effective cross-functional project, resource, and stakeholder management; effectively engage with internal audit and external regulators
- Experience with end-to-end project planning and management across multiple organizational levels
Risk Management Job Family:
Credit & Portfolio Risk Management Time Type:
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi") invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi
View the " EEO is the Law
" poster. View the EEO is the Law Supplement
View the EEO Policy Statement
View the Pay Transparency Posting