VP Internal Audit - Financial Crimes
- Wilmington, DE, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- Robert Walters Associates Inc
- 14 Feb 18 2018-02-14
A leading consumer, corporate, and investment bank is seeking a VP of Financial Crimes Internal Audit to define the appropriate coverage strategy and autit plan for the firm, specifically Financial Crime and Fraud.
Work collaboratively to develop strong independent client relationships, to lead by example and be a respected voice. Responsible for delivery of audits/assignments to a high standard in line with audit methodology and to support delivery of the Audit Plan.
- Collaborate and support the Director to define the appropriate coverage strategy and audit plan, specifically the Financial Crime and Fraud topic, taking into consideration the Audit Risk Appetite, the current and expected business environment, the regulatory requirements and the resourcing levels within the Function.
- Manage audit work to ensure that relevant risks and controls have been identified and appropriately assessed.
- Review and complete processes and documentation of scoping, risk & control identification, control evaluation and observations.
- Write high quality observations and audit reports.
- Manage audit teams on a day to day basis, working to ensure that audits progress as planned, as regards scope, budget and timetable.
- Continue to update awareness of risk issues and changes across relevant business units and use this knowledge to update audit approach where necessary.
- Provide complete, accurate and timely information for reporting.
- Be a key extended member of the Global Financial Crime specialist team, to ensure coverage for BSA/AML in the US.
- Proactively take on additional tasks as requested by the Director/Managing Director.
Stakeholder Management and Leadership
- Lead discussions with clients regarding audit observations, consulting with the Director where necessary.
- Build independent and respected relationships with clients on each audit and develop on-going relationships with key clients in aligned business area.
- Develop a wide network of contacts across the business to identify and work towards strategic goals.
- Own and drive personal learning to support achievement of career aspirations.
- Engage and motivate others to develop their skills/knowledge/experience to contribute to the success of the bank.
- Provide constructive feedback and evaluation to team members for audit assignments and support Directors in their assessment of Assistant Vice Presidents (AVPs)
- Act as mentor and coach to less experienced team members and support others to develop. Provide guidance to AVPs during audit assignments.
- Contribute to the attraction of the best people through their role in the recruitment process.
- Create an environment to encourage knowledge sharing, asking questions and sharing viewpoints with colleagues.
- Ensure the inclusion of all colleagues, regardless of background or circumstances.
Risk and Control Objective
Ensure that all activities and duties are carried out in full compliance with regulatory requirements, Enterprise Wide Risk Management Framework and internal Policies and Policy Standards.
Essential Skills/Basic Qualifications:
- Relevant professional qualifications (e.g. ACAMs, CIA, MIIA, ACCA, CISA, and/or other relevant Financial Crime related qualifications)
- 5+ years': extensive technical knowledge in the Financial Crime and Fraud field, with experience of the BSAAML regulation requirements.
- 5+ years': practical understanding of relevant regulatory environment, specifically BSAAML, including Sanctions, Transaction Monitoring, KYC areas.
- 5+ years' Audit experience
Desirable skills/Preferred Qualifications:
- Experience of managing audits/driving initiatives in a relevant field
- Proven track record of high performance in previous roles to include senior client management
- Financial Crime knowledge and experience preferably obtained through auditing the topic.
- Graduate degree
- Financial services industry knowledge
- Knowledge about new and emerging financial products and services
- Experience of leading others during audit assignments