Vice President of Loss Forecasting
- Wilmington, DE, USA Wilmington DE US
- Permanent, Full time
- Barclays - US
- 21 May 18 2018-05-21
Responsible for strategic leadership of Barclaycard US Credit Risk's Loss Forecasting team. Work across functions (Finance, Business Line, Operations) to gather necessary data, incorporate business feedback, and communicate results. Also lead Risk's engagement in cross-functional projects aimed at increasing the rigor, precision, and timeliness of business planning and forecasting capabilities. There will be regular engagement with auditors, regulators, and analytic support vendors.
- Accountable for Loss Forecasts as part of Medium Term Planning, Short Term Planning, and Re-Adjusted Forecast exercises.
- The exercises generate loss forecasts under both US GAAP and IFRS standards
- Accountable for Capital Demand forecasts as part of these same planning exercises
- These forecasts are executed under both Standardized and Advanced capital regimes
- Work with regulators (FDIC/PRA) and Internal Audit to complete associated audit processes
- Accountable for ensuring quality outputs are delivered and evidenced in project documentation
- Accountable for annual upgrade of loss forecasting engine:
- Defining upgrade requirements in close collaboration with VP peers in Finance, Treasury and Strategic Analytics
- Managing the delivery and execution of these upgrades by internal 3rd parties (ex. Risk Analytics) and external 3rd parties
- Implementation of upgraded loss forecasting models into automated production engines to ensure quality output is delivered
- Accountable for ensuring Loss Forecasting methods, results and documentation comply with external guidance and rules as well as internal policies and standards and that all necessary governance is followed (ex. Model risk governance)
Stakeholder Management and Leadership
- Drive close engagement with other Risk teams -including Collections and Recoveries, Business Support and Modelling & Analytics.
- Present and explain Loss Forecast results and recommendations to senior management
- Communicate and facilitate key decisions with senior leadership to drive approval and progress on forecasts and stress tests.
- Represent the specific requirements and interests of BCUS Risk in IHC, Group, committees and working groups
- Drive close engagement with other Banking functions - including Finance, Product, Operations.
- This is not a model development role but a business user of models.
Decision-making and Problem Solving
- Engage with Barclays reporting entities to ensure results are clearly understood and represent the genuine scope and risk of BCUS
- They will be required to coordinate inputs, solves conflicts, and establish agreement within the matrixed organization
Risk and Control Objective
Ensure that all activities and duties are carried out in full compliance with regulatory requirements, Enterprise Wide Risk Management Framework and internal Barclays Policies and Policy Standards.
It is the policy of Barclays to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law.
Dynamic working gives everyone at Barclays the opportunity to integrate professional and personal lives, if you have a need for flexibility then please discuss this with the hiring manager.
Purpose and Values
Barclays has a single cross-business Purpose for Barclays and five core Values which underpin it.
Our Purpose is helping people achieve their ambitions in the right way. Put simply this is the answer to the question 'What is Barclays for?' and it should guide our every action as employees.
We respect and value those we work with, and the contribution that they make.
We act fairly, ethically and openly in all we do.
We put our clients and customers at the centre of what we do.
We use our energy, skills and resources to deliver the best, sustainable results.
We are passionate about leaving things better than we found them.