Senior Agile Project Manager
🌎 English English (United Kingdom) Espaol Portugus (Brasil) ()
This job posting isn't available in all website languages ☰ Senior Agile Project Manager New 📅 3 days ago Post Date 📅 20893 Requisition # Apply for Job Share this Job
Meet the Scottsdale Office
The Agile Project Manager is responsible for planning, leading, organizing, and motivating agile teams to achieve a high level of performance and quality in delivering products and projects that provide exceptional business value to users. The APM may be responsible for managing several concurrent high visibility projects/agile teams using suitable agile frameworks and practices in a fast-paced environment that may cross multiple business divisions. The APM may play several different roles in actual practice:
Essential Job Requirements:
- At an enterprise level, leads and manages large, complex enterprise-level projects/epics consisting of multiple Agile teams and/or requiring integration with other activities outside the scope of the Agile teams. Brings creative and strategic solutions to the table to help solve unique, complex problems. Innovates and acts as a change agent to evolve processes and practices.
- At a team level, plays a consultative role to help put in place the appropriate people, process, and tools needed to optimize the efficiency of the agile team. Effectively mentors and coaches members of the team as necessary to help increase the agile maturity of the team. Recognizes the importance emotions play in building and maintaining supportive relationships within and outside the team and uses those preferences to guide decision-making. Lead team through position of influence vs command and control.
- In situations that require a hybrid Agile approach, uses good judgment and skills to develop a project management and governance approach that is suitable for planning and managing the effort to achieve the business objectives and drive value within designated project or environment constraints.
- In performing these roles, the APM will be expected to use a high level of knowledge and experience in blending traditional project management practices with an Agile/Lean methodologies in the right proportions to fit large, complex, mission-critical, enterprise-level projects and with the appropriate level of planning and provide the right balance of agility and predictability.
- Project Planning and Management Define project scope and schedule while focusing on regular and timely delivery of value; organize and lead appropriate cadence and working meetings that serves agile teams and stakeholder needs (i.e if a scrum is a choice of practice for a particular team, ensure appropriate scrum ceremonies are established); track, prepare and distribute progress reports, metrics; manage risks and issues, help removes blockers; manage/track allocated budget; and perform delivery planning (i.e. release planning or program increment planning) for assigned projects/teams.
- Team Management Assist in team development while holding teams accountable for their commitments, removing roadblocks to their work; leveraging all available resources to improve capacity and team velocity for project work; mentoring and developing team members.
- Product Owner Support Is a strong strategic partner to product owner and collaborates on feature roadmap and backlog. Supports the Product Owner in managing customer expectations for project/release/program increment deliverables. Manages stakeholder communications, and helping to implement an effective system of governance
- Process Management and Improvement Define and manage a well-defined agile governance and management process and champion ongoing process improvement initiatives to implement best practices for Agile Project Management
- Team building Takes on a Lead role in team projects and drives team innovation. Mentors and provides guidance. Promote empowerment of the team, ensure that each team member is fully engaged in the project and makes a meaningful contribution. Seeks to diffuse tension between team members by objectively breaking down issues into components and finding compromises that meet everyone's needs. Encourages a sustainable pace with high-levels of quality for the team.
- Documentation & Presentation
Effectively presents and conveys information, ideas, and perspectives to peers, team members, clients, and leadership. Ability to summarize, communicate, and present data to variety of audience. Develops and follows documentation requirements. Qualifications:
- BA or BS or equivalent experience is required; MA or MS is a plus
- Solid understanding of software development life cycle models as well as expert knowledge of both Agile and traditional project management principles and practices; ability to blend them together in the right proportions to fit a project and business environment
- A proven track record of successfully implementing software or IT projects using various agile frameworks (i.e. SaFe, LeSS) and practices (i.e. Scrum, Kanban) including 6-8+ years of experience as a Project Manager managing large, complex projects in a high-tech development environment with multi-function teams. PMP preferred
- Prior experience with SCRUM/Agile methodologies with enterprise-level application development projects. PMI-ACP, CSM, or equivalent preferred
- Experience overseeing multi-function agile teams with at least 10-12 team members including Developers, Business Analysts, and QA Personnel
- Balanced business/technical background
- Sufficient level of technical background to provide highly-credible leadership to development teams and to be able to accurately and objectively evaluate complex project risks and issues
- Ability to provide leadership to business analysts and collaborate with customers and develop strategies and solutions of high business value
- Experience in a waterfall-to-agile transition is a plus
- Skilled in servant and situational leadership, conflict resolution, continual improvement, empowerment, and increasing transparency
- Strong interpersonal skills including mentoring, coaching, collaborating, and team building
- Strong analytical, planning, and organizational skills with an ability to manage competing demands; Demonstrated strength in problem definition and resolution
- Strong knowledge and understanding of business needs with the ability to establish/maintain high level of customer trust and confidence
- Proven ability to lead software development projects and ensure objectives, goals, and commitments are met to deliver the intended business value
- Solid understanding of and demonstrated experience in using appropriate tools
- Agile Project Management tools such as Jira, Rally, VersionOne or equivalent
- Microsoft Project, Visio, and all Office Tools
- Excellent oral and written communications skills and experience interacting with both business and IT individuals at all levels including the executive level
- Creative approach to problem-solving with the ability to focus on details while maintaining the big picture view
- Experience applying a wide variety of well documented patterns and techniques for filling in the intentional gaps left in the Scrum approach (example: numerous Burndown techniques, numerous Retrospective formats, handling bugs, etc)
- Ability to thrive in a fast-moving environment and work on multiple priorities and/or projects simultaneously without impact to quality of work
- Experience being on multiple agile teams in a variety of different contexts (different team sizes, different organizations, different cultures, co-located vs. distributed, etc)
- Ability to build and maintain relationships with external vendors, internal partners
Create and manage profiles for future opportunities.
Track your opportunities.
© Experian Jobs. All rights reserved. | | |