AML Transaction Monitoring, - Analyst
Position Overview Job Title:
AML Transaction Monitoring, Wealth Management Corporate Title:
Jacksonville, FL Overview
The Anti-Financial Crime (AFC) team is accountable for protecting Deutsche Bank from financial and reputational losses incurred by financial crimes by assessing, controlling and mitigating risks. As an Anti-Money Laundering (AML) Investigator you will be responsible for conducting comprehensive investigations on Deutsche Bank's Wealth Management (WM) clients, specifically Private Banking and Brokerage businesses, to detect activity indicative of money laundering or other financial crimes. You will utilize internal and external investigation technology and research techniques. Based on documented findings, you will draft a written narrative outlining in detail the results and as appropriate, escalate in accordance with documented procedures. You will manage complex investigations involving matters such as multiple relationship accounts, tiered and multi-faceted transactions; international wires involving Deutsche Bank designated high risk jurisdictions, and complex structuring schemes to identify potential money laundering or other financial crimes. What We Offer You:
- We offer competitive health and wellness benefits, empowering you to value life in and out of the office
- On-site gym, cafeteria, health center, and communal meeting areas
- Active engagement with the local community through Deutsche Bank's specialized employee groups
- An environment that encourages networking and collaboration across functions and businesses
Hear from our people and look inside our office: DB@The Muse Your Key Responsibilities:
Your Skills and Experience:
- Use independent and professional judgment when reviewing AML investigations in addition to all policies and procedures and meet regulatory standards. Monitor case aging and escalate as necessary. Participate in departmental projects and initiatives
- Keep abreast of new rules, regulations and reputational risks to further improve our investigation processes. Understand business and regulatory requirements and ensure functions are being performed within those requirements
- Maintain a thorough comprehension of internal AML typologies relating to Wealth Management clients
- Utilize internal and external sources, and partner with other stakeholders as necessary, to research and investigate cases
- Work with Team Lead to collate metrics and other data as requested. Liaise with Technology to address any potential production issues and software updates
- Prepare and write suspicious activity reports (SARs) as necessary. Review and respond to internal/external inquiries (OFAC, FinCEN requests, subpoenas and other requests from Legal/Compliance Divisions)
- Minimum of a Bachelor's degree and ability to identify, escalate and communicate issues to management in an effective and succinct manner
- Effective decision making skills and strong problem solving skills. Strong knowledge of AML laws (USA PATRIOT Act), regulations (Fed, SEC, FINRA) and their application to the supported products/business lines
- Working knowledge of MS Excel, including pivot tables, macros, filtering, and sorting. Applied experience of effective internet search techniques
- Excellent writing and communication skills. Excellent analytical, judgment, and research skills
- Wealth Management experience. Operational knowledge of USD payment systems, including SWIFT, CHIPS, ACH, and FedFunds. Knowledge with case Management System, Actimize/Mantas/Prime
Our values define the working environment we strive to create - diverse, supportive and welcoming of different views. We embrace a culture reflecting a variety of perspectives, insights and backgrounds to drive innovation. We build talented and diverse teams to drive business results and encourage our people to develop to their full potential. Talk to us about flexible work arrangements and other initiatives we offer.
We promote good working relationships and encourage high standards of conduct and work performance. We welcome applications from talented people from all cultures, countries, races, genders, sexual orientations, disabilities, beliefs and generations and are committed to providing a working environment free from harassment, discrimination and retaliation.
Click here to find out more about diversity and inclusion.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer - Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories. Click these links to view the following notices: \"EEO is the Law poster\" and supplement ; Employee Rights and Responsibilities under the Family and Medical Leave Act; Employee Polygraph Protection Act and Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision.