Bankruptcy Specialist II (Jacksonville, FL) Jacksonville, FL/en-US/flagstar/job/Jacksonville-FL/Bankruptcy-Specialist-II--Jacksonville--FL-_06588/apply
Bankruptcy Specialist II (Jacksonville, FL)
Bankruptcy Specialist 2 is responsible for performing key operational Bankruptcy functions. This position requires mortgage servicing and default servicing knowledge. Role is responsible for the performance of multiple functions related to the Bankruptcy process.
The Bankruptcy Specialist II will perform daily duties in the bankruptcy department such as opening workstations for new filings, preparing and referring proof of claims, case monitoring, preparing and referring motion for reliefs as well as other filings that are needed throughout the course of a bankruptcy case to closing the workstation when bankruptcy is removed.
All functions must be completed within the production and quality standards. Role requires utilization and understanding of multiple servicing systems, applications and reporting. Role requires accuracy and attention to detail, strong organization skills, independent problem solving ability and excellent communication skills.
Bankruptcy Specialist 2, processes loans through Bankruptcy independently and with subject matter expertise. This role requires the ability to perform multiple functions throughout the Bankruptcy process including:
- Monitoring LoanSphere and Aacer for assigned case load.
- Preparing and referring Proof of Claims, Reaffirmation Agreements, Motion for Relief from automatic stay, payment change notices, transfer of claims, etc.
- Working closely with, and effectively communication with Attorneys, Trustees, other Vendors.
- Conducting research on bankruptcy matters such as payment histories and trustee ledgers
- Timely process delinquent loans in compliance with all applicable regulatory and investor/agency/insurer requirements, state and federal law, as well as, internal servicing policies;
- Understand key performance and risk indicators in the Bankruptcy process, and how individual role contributes to meeting or exceeding these goals;
- Understand and review Bankruptcy documents;
- Maintain and practice sound judgment in all aspects of role.
- Reinforces culture of shared ownership and accountability for results.
- Collaborating with other default servicing teams, and other internal teams, to assist in the continued development of a best in class default servicing oversight operation.
- Perform additional responsibilities as assigned by manager.
- HS Diploma, GED or Foreign Equivalent required
At least 5 years default mortgage financial services experience, required in Bankruptcy
Knowledgeable in agency/investor/insurer timelines and document requirements for judicial and non-judicial Bankruptcy.
- Self-Driven, Personally Accountable Personality
- Understanding of MS Office Suite with intermediate technical and computer skills. Specifically an ability with Microsoft Excel
- Ability to navigate quickly within various computer programs.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, as well as strong listening skills
- Exceptional analytical and problem solving skills with an ability to think quickly under pressure.
- Ability to handle high production volume and answer customer questions in a timely manner.
- Ability to look for ways to improve and promote quality.
- Ability to work independently with limited supervision.
- Ability to work varying shifts including evenings and weekends.
- Willingness to work in a team environment
- Confident and efficient work approach with a customer focus
Internal Use Only: Job Band J-hourly
Posted 5 Days AgoFull time06588
Flagstar Bank, headquartered in Troy, Mich., is a full-service community bank with branches across the state. Chartered in 1987, today Flagstar is one of the largest savings banks in the country. It also is a mortgage powerhouse, making home loans nationwide and ranking as one of the largest mortgage originators in the country. It also is a major servicer of home loans.
Flagstar Bank, FSB is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with a disability. Flagstar Bank is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, please e-mail
or call (248) 312-2000 to let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
For more information:
Member FDIC/Equal Housing Lender