Broker-Dealer Regulatory Reporting Controller VP
- Jacksonville, FL, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- Deutsche Bank - US
- 09 Oct 18
* Understand broker-dealer market conditions, products and regulatory requirement * Translates business strategy into practical operational action plans with clear objectives * Financial management validation and control for the US Broker Dealer including regulatory reporting and financial statement reporting
Job Title: Broker-Dealer Regulatory Reporting Controller
Corporate Title: Vice President
Location: New York, NY or Jacksonville, FL
About Deutsche Bank
We are Germany's leading bank with strong positions in Europe and significant presence in the Americas and Asia Pacific. We're driving growth through our strong client franchise, investing heavily in digital technologies, prioritizing long-term success over short-term gains, and serving society with ambition and integrity. We serve our clients' real economic needs in commercial and investment banking, retail banking and transaction banking, and provide ground-breaking products and services in asset and wealth management. That means a career packed with opportunities to grow and the chance to shape the future of our clients.
Deutsche Bank is committed to being the best financial services provider in the world, balancing passion with precision to deliver superior solutions for our clients. This is made possible by our people: agile minds, able to see beyond the obvious and act effectively in an ever-changing global business landscape. As you'll discover, our culture supports this. Diverse, international and shaped by a variety of different perspectives, we're driven by a shared sense of purpose. At every level agile thinking is nurtured. And at every level agile minds are rewarded with competitive pay, support and opportunities to excel.
Sound financial principles are at the core of everything we offer. That's why Group Finance is vital to the way we run our business. In a global marketplace that's constantly evolving, being adaptable, decisive and precise is critical - and this is exactly the culture of our Finance Group.
In Finance, we oversee all financial details of Deutsche Bank, globally. We're united by a commitment to uncompromising quality, the development of talented people and a willingness to challenge ourselves and others.
Join us and you'll be able to add real value as a business partner. Of course, we provide accurate and timely financial information. We also provide high-quality advice and analysis to our businesses and infrastructure functions, measuring and analyzing performance and identifying areas to drive innovative change. This is a strategic group, where we look to control costs, limit risk and strengthen our decision-making process.
Our people are outstanding individuals with agile minds, from a diverse range of backgrounds and cultures. They generate fresh ideas and innovative solutions which set us apart from our competitors and add value to our clients.
This is a highly challenging role and should be of particular interest to those looking to provide first rate support to a large established business while driving and leading change.
Core Competencies & Performance Standards
- Understand broker-dealer market conditions, products and regulatory requirement
- Contributing to business strategy and developing the best solutions
- Delivering challenge and creating and energizing others to change
Build the Franchise:
- Contributing to the review or development of key business processes and systems supporting financial reporting, cost and risk controls
- Puts in place systems and structures to support collaboration between businesses and infrastructure groups
- Promote and assert own ideas and experiences to and understand others' strengths and preferences to maximize outcome
- Translates business strategy into practical operational action plans with clear objectives
- Adapts plans to reflect changing business and regulatory priorities
- Looks for ways to improve business performance and willing to accept risks to do so
- Financial management validation and control for the US Broker Dealer including regulatory reporting and financial statement reporting
- Keeping abreast of regulatory developments and making strategic recommendations for process/control modifications and the oversight of their implementation
- Will maintain relationships with key external stakeholders (regulatory/government bodies, external auditors) as it pertains to legal entities. Ensure that Deutsche Bank remains apprised of regulatory and market expectations
- Contribute value added and strategic insight to organizational areas within the firm including within Group Finance and other stakeholders throughout the businesses
- Will maintain relationships with key internal parties (Operations, Business Finance, Financial Reporting) in support of the legal entity and to improve the accuracy and quality of information for regulatory and financial reporting
Skills & Requirements:
- Previous experience in a position of increasing responsibility within a Regulatory Reporting (15c3-1, Focus Reporting, SSOI, TIC) function within a Global Investment Bank
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to build collaborative relationships
- Strong understanding of, and direct experience with Regulatory Reporting
- Ability to create vision and develop/implement strategy for the same
- Demonstrated desire to add significant value within a fast-paced environment
- B.S. degree required
- CPA or MBA preferred but not required