Default Servicing Business Risk Analyst - Jacksonville, FL Jacksonville, FL/en-US/flagstar/job/Jacksonville-FL/Default-Servicing-Business-Risk-Analyst---Jacksonville--FL_06892/apply
Default Servicing Business Risk Analyst - Jacksonville, FL
The Default Servicing Business Risk Analyst is responsible for providing strategic support to the Default Servicing division by managing compliance with default requirements (regulatory, investor/insurer, state and federal law), internal and external exams/audits, complaint management in accordance with the corporate Enterprise Complaint Management program, as well as overall support to Senior management.
The role is designed to evaluate, identify, and implement areas and processes of improvement in a fast moving environment. Analyst will follow process and project methodology to assess current state of risk and controls and then develop and recommend updates to business owners to align to best in class services with staying in line with regulatory and investor compliance.
- Audits/Exams/Reviews Oversee audits, exams, and reviews which impact Default Servicing, in particular investor and MSR audits. Responsibilities include coordination and communication with all applicable business units, loan level review of processes, controls, reporting, and exception management to craft the business unit response and/or rebuttal, as well as 100% quality control. Manage audit, exam, and review process from start to finish. Responsibilities includes working directly with examiners and Senior Management as well as investors, regulators, auditors, and outside consultants.
- Guidelines and Regulations Analyze assigned changes to guidelines and regulations. Proactive development of operational processes that adhere to servicing requirements. Partner with Compliance and Legal for regulatory and investor guideline changes. Engage with the entire Servicing division, as well as additional departments (such as Customer Engagement Center) to analyze, implement and update processes by utilizing sound process compliance and risk mitigation techniques. Complete Investor reviews for the Servicing divisions through process analysis, risk mitigation, and best practices business planning model. Must be able to independently research and determine applicability to Flagstar.
- Complaint Management Analyze, research, and respond to first level and escalated complaints in accordance with Flagstars Enterprise Complaint Management program. Responsibilities include communicating with all applicable business units, conducting research at the loan level research to validate complaint, drafting responses to complainants and escalated agencies (i.e. regulators, investors/insurers, state attorneys general, etc.), and tracking and trending complaints received to recommend opportunities for process improvement.
- Completing special projects as designated by management.
- Collaborating with other default servicing teams, and other internal teams, to assist in the continued development of a best-in-class default servicing operation.
- Ensures compliance with applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations. Completes all required compliance training. Maintains knowledge of and adhere to Flagstars internal compliance policies and procedures. Takes responsibility to keep up to date with changing regulations and policies.
- Reliable Home High Speed Internet Connection required
- HS Diploma, GED or Foreign Equivalent required
- Bachelors Degree in Business, Finance, Law, or related OR 8 Years of Comparable Work Experience
- Six Sigma, PMP, CIPP preferred
- Project Management, Process Improvement, Six Sigma preferred
- Combination of 6 years+ experience within Mortgage Servicing and Default Servicing, particularly in a Business Risk Analyst role required
- Maintain the highest levels of confidentiality
- Proficient in Microsoft Visio, Project, Access, Publisher, Excel, PowerPoint, Word
- Proficient in servicing systems of record (MSP, LoanSphere)
- Working knowledge of operational best practices and working knowledge of risk and control frameworks for Default Servicing Operations
- Focused on creation of efficiencies, root cause analysis, and process improvements
- Strong problem solving and negotiation skills with an ability to identify problems and recommend solutions quickly
- Exceptional written and oral communication
- Must be highly organized self-starter and independent worker with a strong attention to detail
- Ability to establish credibility and strong partnerships with all levels of management and peers
- Ability to work under tight deadlines and successfully manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- 5-10% travel
Internal Use Only: Job Band G
Posted TodayFull time06892
Flagstar Bank, headquartered in Troy, Mich., is a full-service community bank with branches across the state. Chartered in 1987, today Flagstar is one of the largest savings banks in the country. It also is a mortgage powerhouse, making home loans nationwide and ranking as one of the largest mortgage originators in the country. It also is a major servicer of home loans.
Flagstar Bank, FSB is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with a disability. Flagstar Bank is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, please e-mail
or call (248) 312-2000 to let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
For more information:
Member FDIC/Equal Housing Lender