Fraud Risk Officer
The Fraud Risk Officer is a strategic professional who stays abreast of developments within own field and contributes to directional strategy by considering their application in own job and the business. Recognized technical authority for an area within the business. Requires basic commercial awareness. There are typically multiple people within the business that provide the same level of subject matter expertise. Developed communication and diplomacy skills are required in order to guide, influence and convince others, in particular colleagues in other areas and occasional external customers. Significant impact on the area through complex deliverables. Provides advice and counsel related to the technology or operations of the business. Work impacts an entire area, which eventually affects the overall performance and effectiveness of the sub-function/job family. Responsibilities:
- Responsible for managing the end to end fraud process across Retail Banking, Citi Branded Cards and Citi Retail Services. The Fraud Risk Officer will support the Risk Operations Fraud function covering credit, debit and partner card products as well as retail banking and Security Operations.
- The successful candidate will be responsible for compiling business requirements, drafting project requests, coordinating project deliverables, and providing status updates on projects. In addition, this role will be responsible for leading the execution of large scale projects for the business.
- Coordinates with key stakeholders in the Risk Operations Fraud teams to develop business requirements
- Ensures appropriate business cases are in place for all projects and that prioritization and timelines are clearly communicated
- Supports implementation and project management for projects ranging from small deliverables to large scale infrastructure changes
- Represents Risk Operations Fraud team on project meetings and identify key impacts, manage follow ups and escalate concerns as needed to keep projects on track
- Facilitates project review meetings with the Risk Operations leadership team to provide project updates outlining key deliverables, timelines and milestones, as well as determine prioritization of work efforts
- Manages approval process for new projects and ensure appropriate signoff for change is in place for audit tracking purposes
- Reviews sizing estimates from IT and projected timing for project deliverables in order to assess planning and set expectations
- Performs other duties and functions as assigned
- Assurance that all projects adhere to project management office guidelines, audit and internal guidelines for practices, procedures, and deliverables
- Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made, demonstrating particular consideration for the firm's reputation and safeguarding Citigroup, its clients and assets, by driving compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to Policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal behavior, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing and reporting control issues with transparency.
- 5-10 years Project Management experience and exposure to Financial Services industry
- 2+ years experience in Fraud Risk Management; Credit Card and/or Retail Banking experience preferred
- Microsoft office and SharePoint administration
- PMI/PMP/Citi Lean preferred
- Bachelor's/University degree, Master's degree preferred
This job description provides a high-level review of the types of work performed. Other job-related duties may be assigned as required. Job Family Group:
Risk Management Job Family:
Fraud Risk Time Type:
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi") invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi
View the " EEO is the Law
" poster. View the EEO is the Law Supplement
View the EEO Policy Statement
View the Pay Transparency Posting