Fraud Risk Officer: Retail Bank Fraud Policy - Mule Account
The Fraud Risk Officer is a strategic professional who stays abreast of developments within own field and contributes to directional strategy by considering their application in own job and the business. Recognized technical authority for an area within the business. Requires basic commercial awareness. There are typically multiple people within the business that provide the same level of subject matter expertise. Developed communication and diplomacy skills are required in order to guide, influence and convince others, in particular colleagues in other areas and occasional external customers. Significant impact on the area through complex deliverables. Provides advice and counsel related to the technology or operations of the business. Work impacts an entire area, which eventually affects the overall performance and effectiveness of the sub-function/job family. Responsibilities:
- Developing analyses and designing reports that provide visibility into fraud trends, patterns and root causes.
- Using analytical data to create a storyboard that Senior Management will use to approve new strategies, process changes or vendor solutions to minimize fraud exposure.
- Track and report emerging trends and opportunities to Senior Management.
- Support ad-hoc fraud policy analysis and projects as required.
- Provide end-to-end views and recommendations that balance client experience, time to booking and new account approval rates with identification of opportunities in fraud mitigation.
- Apply an excellent working knowledge of fraud risk analytics.
- Lead development and implementation of effective mule account identification, detection and prevention strategies to mitigate victim losses while ensuring an appropriate balance between risk and customer experience.
- Interface with internal and external partners to evaluate new tools to enhance detection and analytical capabilities.
- Evaluate impacts and potential fallout of missing data, and drive analysis to aid in prioritization of technology investments to close data gaps.
- Apply subject matter expertise to the prioritization and planning of projects in conjunction with fraud management policies and strategies.
- The position requires substantial interaction with Policy, Operations, Deposit Risk, AML/KYC and other functional business partners to optimize business strategies.
- Provide updates and communicate key initiatives to senior management.
- Strong business and data analytical skills with proven track record of complex processes and data analysis
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and deal effectively with demanding business partners
- Ability to work under tight deadlines
- Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills
- Ability to interact successfully with business partners, operations, technology and finance teams
- Strong planning, coordination and organization skills
- Ability to work effectively in a cross-functional organization
- Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access) experience
- Effective project management skills
- 5+ years' experience in analytics, policy, risk management, and/or operations, preferably in fraud and/or retail banking domains
- Bachelor's degree in a business or management discipline or business or equivalent experience
- Experience in designing and/or acquiring systems, technology or process to achieve business objective(s)
- Experience with data and root cause analysis
This job description provides a high-level review of the types of work performed. Other job-related duties may be assigned as required. Job Family Group:
Risk Management Job Family:
Fraud Risk Time Type:
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi") invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi
View the " EEO is the Law
" poster. View the EEO is the Law Supplement
View the EEO Policy Statement
View the Pay Transparency Posting