Head of Retail Bank Intake & Engineering
Brief Description of the Organization
Citi, the leading global bank, has approximately 200 million customer accounts and does business in more than 160 countries and jurisdictions. Our mission is to serve as a trusted partner to our clients by responsibly providing financial services that enable growth and economic progress. We strive to earn and maintain our clients' and the public's trust by constantly adhering to the highest ethical standards and making a positive impact on the communities we serve.
Citi's Global Consumer Bank (GCB) is building a purpose-driven team to serve its globally diverse, digitally forward customers in top cities around the world. We're looking for exceptional candidates who think digitally and thrives in regularly interfacing with internal & external customers in building the next generation of products that generate value for our partners and remarkable experience for our clients. We define success by our Citi Leadership Standards: Develops our People, Drives Value for Clients, Works as a Partner, Champions Progress, Lives our Values and Delivers Results. Overview of the Role
Reporting to the Head of Technology for North America, the Head of Retail Bank Intake and Engineering will lead the overall vision and direction for the Citi Retail Bank and Mortgage Technology function within the NAM Technology Organization. This role will be responsible for building world class digital engagements for the Citi global franchise.
The job requires a broad and comprehensive understanding of the different systems, theories and practices relevant to a function as well as practical experience of multiple business cycles. In-depth knowledge of the industry and direct competitors' products/services is also necessary in order to contribute to the commercial objectives of the business. Requires thorough understanding of strategic direction of the function within the business, combined with a solid conceptual/practical grounding in both the function and/ or area of expertise. Excellent communication skills required in order to influence a wide range of audiences. The job is likely to be involved in both internal and external negotiations which will have a major impact on the area managed, and possibly on other related areas and organization as a whole. Develops medium- to long-term plans and executes functional strategies for a large/complex country, cluster of countries, or business requiring coordination and integration across units. Provides input into strategic decisions affecting job family or function within a region or business. Full management responsibility of multiple teams, including management of people, budget and planning. The role will be based in Irving. Priorities include:
- Oversee vision and drive implementation of the Retail Bank technology strategy and oversee management and delivery against total book of work
- Work closely with the Head of Technology to chart out the Retail organization evolution. Build out target-state operating model for operations, sales and marketing via digital channels.
- Lead the discussions in contract negotiations, pricing strategies with the business sales teams
- Define and drive the talent strategy and manage internal talent pipeline while also building external networks to attract top-tier talent.
- Attract and develop talent to meet our client's needs and ensure forward compatible success.
- Ensures managed areas are defining and implementing systems that are aligned with business strategy and goals. Involved in a wide range of diverse activities that require strategic vision and analysis
- This leader will have deep technical understanding of modern computing practices and architectures.
- Responsible for influencing innovation efforts and partnering on game changing new products and services that increase client engagement, reach and effectiveness in every market.
- Passion for SEO as a craft and the people who practice it
- Lead A/B testing and manage the customer and user experience design of the products
- Build a culture of ownership within the technical and design teams to closely review and own experiences and push the partners to adopt the forward looking designs
- Strong interaction with Business and tech teams. Represent NAM Tech on key Senior Management forums at Regional and Global levels, including O&T and Finance MORs, Performance meetings and Business/Product/cluster reviews in conjunction with the Finance Planning units.
- Impacts the function by exercising control over sizable resources / budget, policy formulation and planning; has significant influence over future strategy.
- Influences and negotiates with senior leaders (across functions); communicates with external parties.
- Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made, demonstrating particular consideration for the firm's reputation and safeguarding Citigroup, its clients and assets, by driving compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to Policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal behavior, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing and reporting control issues with transparency, as well as effectively supervise the activity of others and create accountability with those who fail to maintain these standards
- Incumbent will provide vision, leadership and direction for organizational effectiveness, global optimizations, and superior products / services within an environment of continuous learning & growth.
- Develop and implement best-in-class metrics monitoring and corrective actions to continually improve the digital customer engagement.
- Establish and build global relationships and partnerships across business, technology and operational lines.
- Provide leadership, development opportunities, performance management, development and succession-planning, staff communications, and positive interactive working environment to ensure the highest productivity and employee engagement.
- Identify and drive resolution of issues, including those outside established programs of work.
- Collaborate with stakeholders to ensure program scope definition meets business objectives.
- Reduce time to market and cost to deliver through continuous process improvement/ simplification and empowered project management
The ideal candidate will come from an international organization, and be a global leader that brings deep technical knowhow along with the understanding of the financial landscape and business practices.
Bachelor degree in computer science, or a related field; MS/MBA preferred.
Job Family Group:
- 15+ years' experience in overall IT (Product development and Software Engineering)
- 5+ years' experience managing large scale delivery of mobile, web, and cloud products
- Experience shaping business strategy for technical products or services
- Ability to grasp new technology concepts quickly and assist others in understanding them as well.
- Experienced technical contributor in large, global, distributed organizations, leading teams with staff located multiple time zones and supporting different business units with multiple priorities.
- Ability to partner with operational experts, application developer, and other engineering disciples to provide tangible P&L value to the business stakeholders
- Thinks strategically, but stays on top of tactical execution
- Demonstrated analytical, critical thinking, and interpersonal skills
- Highly detail-oriented, deadline-driven, and able to embrace change without frustration
- Capacity to adapt to shifting goals and activities. Capacity to manage multiple activities in parallel.
- Self-starter with the ability to define goals and strategies with minimal management oversight.
- Has the innate ability to inspire passion in others, a proven leader
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills; Data driven and results-oriented
Technology Job Family:
Technology Management Time Type:
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi") invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi
View the " EEO is the Law
" poster. View the EEO is the Law Supplement
View the EEO Policy Statement
View the Pay Transparency Posting