Legal Entity Controller - Assistant Vice President
Position Overview Job Title:
Legal Entity Controller Corporate Title:
Assistant Vice President Location:
Jacksonville, FL Overview
Together the group is responsible for accounting and reporting of Deutsche Bank's US legal entities under US GAAP. In addition, the team works closely with the group finance accounting close teams to report US results under international financial reporting standards (IFRS) and HGB (German GAAP). The legal entity (LE) teams are responsible for monthly legal entity analytics and to ensure that all transactions are properly recorded in the statutory accounting principles (SAP) ledger; RCS (US consolidation system) & BCS (Head Office consolidation) considering US GAAP, IFRS, and HGB. The US financial reporting team is responsible for auditing Deutsche Bank's US GAAP annual and quarterly financial statements and footnote disclosures as well as certain supplemental reports. What We Offer You:
- We offer competitive health and wellness benefits, empowering you to value life in and out of the office
- On-site gym, cafeteria, health center, and communal meeting areas
- Active engagement with the local community through Deutsche Bank's specialized employee groups
- An open seating environment that encourages networking and collaboration across functions and businesses
Hear from our people and look inside our office: DB@The Muse Your Key Responsibilities:
Your Skills and Experience:
- The legal entity controllers (LECs) will manage teams responsibly to ensure that all transactions are properly recorded for Deutsche Bank's US legal entities
- The LECs will be key partners reporting to the head of US Legal Entity financial reporting and working in collaboration with senior finance leadership
- Work with business finance in order to keep all stakeholders apprised of the financial health of the US Legal Entities
- Be a key US Deutsche Bank entity contact for accounting issues and transactions partnering with operations, COO, APAG, regulatory reporting and compliance and legal. These entities include the broker-Dealer, intermediate holding company (IHC), bank entity, and various holding companies and branches of Deutsche Bank
- Work closely with the Global Head of Accounting Close to support accurate and timely reporting of US financial position including IFRS and HGB (German GAAP) financial reporting and related disclosure information
- Support the regulatory reporting function to meet heightened expectations and regulatory requirements (FRY9C and call reports) including alignment of financial reporting chart of accounts with regulatory chart of accounts
- Previous work experience in a similar role within a global investment bank or broker dealer or public accounting experience, "big four training"
- Demonstrated working knowledge of US GAAP and IFRS
- Experience with complex structured transactions and knowledge of all types of investment banking products
- Bachelor of Science degree in Accounting, Finance or related field. CPA is a plus, but not required. An expert in US GAAP with knowledge of IFRS is preferred
- Must be able to resolve ambiguous, complex, and multivariable problems; organize/manage multiple projects; and prioritize competing needs
Our values define the working environment we strive to create - diverse, supportive and welcoming of different views. We embrace a culture reflecting a variety of perspectives, insights and backgrounds to drive innovation. We build talented and diverse teams to drive business results and encourage our people to develop to their full potential. Talk to us about flexible work arrangements and other initiatives we offer.
We promote good working relationships and encourage high standards of conduct and work performance. We welcome applications from talented people from all cultures, countries, races, genders, sexual orientations, disabilities, beliefs and generations and are committed to providing a working environment free from harassment, discrimination and retaliation.
Click here to find out more about diversity and inclusion.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer - Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories. Click these links to view the following notices: \"EEO is the Law poster\" and supplement ; Employee Rights and Responsibilities under the Family and Medical Leave Act; Employee Polygraph Protection Act and Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision.