Operational Risk Sr. Analyst - NA CBORC
The Operational Risk Senior Analyst (or Operational Risk Manager) is a seasoned risk professional role, with the ability to apply in-depth knowledge of monitoring tools and techniques, while contributing to the development of new techniques and the improvement of processes and work-flow for the CBORC Enabling Functions area or function supported.
Executes monitoring responsibilities assigned on required frequencies as defined by test frequencies and requirements. Integrates strong business subject matter and industry expertise on credit card and retail banking processes as well as a firm understanding of supporting Marketing business processes. Requires ability to evaluate moderately complex and variable issues with substantial potential impact to recommend corrective course of action. Incumbent should be comfortable working independently, managing work volumes to ensure completion in advance of deadlines and have strong attention to detail. Ability to demonstrate strong problem solving skills and to develop and recommend approach/taking of an action, which involves weighing various alternatives and balancing potentially conflicting situations using multiple sources of information. Requires strong analytical skills in order to filter, prioritize and validate potentially complex and dynamic material from multiple sources. May assume informal/formal leadership role within broader team on key initiatives and projects. Strong communication and diplomacy skills are required to facilitate documentation and interaction with business partners and various lines of defense. Responsibilities:
- Executes monitoring responsibilities assigned on required frequencies, current focus on CBORC aligned Marketing functions.
- Participates in the application of operational risk policies, technology and tools, and governance processes to create lasting solutions for minimizing losses from failed internal processes, inadequate controls, and emerging risks.
- Contributes to risk assessments and drives actions to address the root causes that persistently lead to operational risk losses by challenging both historical and proposed practices.
- Supports audits, examinations, and deliverable requirements from internal and external reviewers by developing and presenting materials aligned to assigned area and scope of review.
- Ensures project completion, special assignments, and other ad hoc activities as required.
- Adheres and maintains compliance with all regulatory policies and procedures.
- Additional duties as assigned
- 3-5 years' experience navigating and networking with internal stakeholders to support an implementation, process analysis and / or process improvement.
- Strong analytical skills and knowledge of Excel and other analytical tools across large data sets
- Well-developed written and verbal communication skills are required in order to guide, influence and convince others to adopt proposed recommendations
- Comfortable working in a dynamic, problem solving, collaborative environment
- General knowledge of primary end-to-end processes performed in the U.S. Consumer Bank businesses
- Operational Risk Experience and/or Direct Business Experience of CBORC Enabling Functions aligned business functions such as Pricing, Marketing, Sales Practices, and Vendor Management. (preferred, not required)
- Experience with governance, risk and control management, risk approvals, as well as engaging with 2nd/3rd lines of defense (preferred, not required)
Job Family Group:
- Bachelor's/University degree or equivalent experience preferred
Risk Management Job Family:
Operational Risk Time Type:
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi") invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi
View the " EEO is the Law
" poster. View the EEO is the Law Supplement
View the EEO Policy Statement
View the Pay Transparency Posting