Performance Engineering Lead
- Deliver platform performance certification services with deliverables including Workload Design, Test Strategy, Environment Requirements, Data Requirements, Monitoring Requirements, Tuning Recommendations, Defect Analysis report, Performance Certification Report, Scalability/breakpoint Testing Report and FMEA results
- Identify scalability limits of the platform products such as PCF, AWS, APIm (IBM, Apigee), Gemfire, PCC, Solace and other products through effective performance testing and certification methodologies
- Expertise in performance benchmarking/certification of cloud and next generation tech stack components along with strong troubleshooting skills and analysts
- Perform chaos experiments/testing on a distributed system in order to build confidence in the system's capability to withstand turbulent conditions in production.
- Develop automated chaos testing in pre-production systems
- Engage in and improve the application services high resiliency-from inception and design, through performance/Chaos testing, analysis, code and configuration changes, capacity planning and launch reviews
- Continuous Performance data analysis from Production and Non-production and identify opportunities for improvements and work with the development team to implement recommendations for opportunities
- Strong collaboration with the Application development, Digital operations, System architecture and production management teams in fine tuning the application services and platform products for higher performance and resiliency
- Tuning of key system components, monitoring KPIs, identifying performance bottlenecks and providing recommendations for predicable results in production
- Establish Automated Production and non-Production application service performance baselines, including Service Level Indicators (SLI) , Service Level Objectives (SLO) and associated Error Budgets (EB), and comparison across releases/versions
- Support services before they go live through activities such as system design consulting, developing software platforms and frameworks, capacity planning and launch reviews
- Identify recurring system and application issues and work with all teams and stakeholders in investigating and resolving any issue.
- Strong collaboration with the product vendors, Digital Operations Team, System architecture and development teams in fine tuning the platform products for higher performance and resiliency
- Manage a team through the performance lifecycle of a project, from workload design to test design through to execution and reporting
- Ensure platform tech stack components are architected and deployed to meet non-functional requirements for performance for the Global consumer programs
- Establish Production and non-Production platform components service performance baselines, including Service Level Indicators (SLI) and associated Objectives Service Level Objectives (SLO), and comparison across releases/versions
- Tuning of key system components (above gold config), monitoring KPIs, identifying performance bottlenecks and providing recommendations for predicable results in production
- Devise effective mitigation and escalation strategies to address performance risks and issues. Provide performance tuning recommendations to development teams, with the goal of optimizing the customer experience. Conduct profiling and code inspections for key applications.
- Lead regular project and program reviews with key stakeholders. Continuously identify opportunities for improvement.
- Maintain a strong risk and compliance posture. Ensure adherence to key auditable processes.
- At least 10+ years of experience in performance engineering or reliability engineering
- Experience in Performance benchmarking of cloud technologies, platform products
- Development Experience in APIs/Micro services
- Systems Engineering Experience working on cloud platforms
- Expertise with APM Tools (e.g. AppDynamics, CA Introscope).
- Experience with Performance Testing tools (e.g. Microfocus Performance Center) and profiling tools
- Experience in engaging is large-scale projects and programs.
- Experience in financial services with specialty in the area of Enterprise-scale Application Performance testing and Optimization.
- Experience with cloud and virtualization, operations, and automation
- Demonstrated high level technical expertise diagnosing and troubleshooting complex hardware and software failures in mixed platform environment
- Experience in designing chaos experiments using chaos engineering principles
- Experience in Site Reliability Engineering (SRE)
- Good knowledge in systems monitoring, alerting and analytics (AppDynamics, Splunk, etc.)
- Strong Architectural concepts around Cloud Computing and base software Development
- Experience of Pivotal Application Services (PAS), Openshift, VMware cloud, AWS, MS Azure, Google Cloud Computing
Job Family Group:
- Bachelor degree in computer science or other related or equivalent work experience.
Technology Job Family:
Technology Quality Time Type:
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi") invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi
View the " EEO is the Law
" poster. View the EEO is the Law Supplement
View the EEO Policy Statement
View the Pay Transparency Posting