Arena is looking to expand the Asset Management team, through the addition of a VP/SVP. In this role, this individual will work independently, under the direction of the Head of Asset Management based in New York. The incumbent will be the senior staff member on-site within the office and will be required to work closely with both the Front Office Investments Team and the operations and finance teams.
- Track a wide range of bespoke illiquid-credit investments.
- Responsible for monthly valuation of all assigned investments.
- Be prepared to take lead on aggressive loan restructure/workout activities consistent with Arena’s approach that loan restructures are potential “value-add’ opportunities.
- Must be a “Player Coach”, with personal responsibility for modeling and managing complicated assets, while overseeing and training team members and support analysts.
- Extensive interface with Finance and Operations teams
- Prepare presentations that will include transaction structure, financial projections, and background information.
- Will work with the Managing Director Asset Management to build out the team overtime as the asset base grows.
The individual will have demonstrated an ability to work in a fast-paced, performance-driven environment with an ability to think broadly about the business, incorporating continual improvement of processes and procedures with a goal of excellence while focusing on accuracy and efficiency.
- Bachelor’s degree from a top university, ideally in a quantitative area (e.g., finance, economics, accounting).
- 12 - 15 + years industry experience, ideally in the area of illiquid and alternative credit.
- Strong fundamental credit skills necessary, likely developed in a commercial bank, credit company, or BDC.
- High exposure to, and comfort within, loan workout and restructuring situations. Ability to lead counsel through a loan workout process.
- Exposure to complicated structured illiquid credit transactions optimal.
- Ability to write investment memorandum critical.
- Strong excel and modeling skills.
- Understanding of basic risk management approaches helpful.
- The highest level of personal integrity and ethical standards.
- A positive attitude, strong work ethic and a desire to work collaboratively across the organization.
- Strong attention to detail.
Company offers a competitive compensation and benefits package.
For confidential consideration, please email resume to Alicia Ferraro at HR@arenaco.com