SQL Developer/Data Modeler - Full Time Nassau Bahamas
- Miami, FL, USA Miami FL US
- Permanent, Full time
- 06 Jul 18 2018-07-06
**** Position is Full Time in Nassau, The Bahamas ****
We are a private investment firm. Founded in 1989, we have built our business on making sense of complex data with cutting edge research to actively trade in the global financial, commodity and equity markets. Our trading approach is quantitative and systematic in nature and is based around statistical modeling of market processes. Our success can be attributed to a disciplined trading approach, a relentless drive to research new and existing ideas, and the focus and dedication of our staff. We offer a contemporary work environment located in the Bahamas.
We are looking to hire a talented individual to be part of a team surrounding the acquisition and administration of financial reference and high-frequency tick data. This individual will be assuming ownership for design, implementation, and maintenance of new and existing data models for financial data, with the expectation of providing technical expertise and support for all database clients.
With real-world data happening 24/7, it is vital for our business to run agile data processes covered by high-quality standards, control, and availability. This will include a wide range of activities ranging from explorative data analysis, designing new data models, modifying existing models to fit new agility requirements, data query support, performance tuning, as well as troubleshooting.
This is a challenging and rewarding opportunity for someone passionate about data technology, extremely meticulous and detail orientated, with a drive for producing high-quality work in a hands-on role. Your primary goal shall be to work with our data science team to help us maximize our effective use of our data.
- Developing and evaluating functional requirements for data-centric application
- Design and implementation of new data models
- Migration of existing models meet new requirements
- Active role in quality assurance for our daily data processes
- Provide expert knowledge on SQL to assist software development
- Monitoring of operational process, suggest, present and implement improvements
- Support with database maintenance operations
- Build and maintain documentation on our data environment
- Post-secondary education in a technical discipline preferred
- Multiple years of experience for relational databases (MS SQL Server preferred)
- Practical experience with database administration processes
- Proficiency with a secondary programming language (e.g. Python, C#)
- Demonstrates creative and explorative analytic problem-solving capabilities
- Experience with Hadoop and/or temporal databases would be an asset.
- Financial / mathematical background is a highly valued asset
- Experience with NoSQL database products is a valued asset
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work independently and within a team
- Excellent communication skills that facilitate teamwork and interaction with colleagues
- Good organizational skills
- Pro-activeness and drive for delivering working solutions
- A strong drive for results and continual improvement
- Ability to manage multiple priorities, operate and perform with moderate supervision and strong attention to detail
Location and travel requirements
The SQL Developer/Data Modeler should ideally relocate to the Bahamas, or at least be prepared to onboard for 3-month and work remotely with frequent trips to the Bahamas thereafter.
Compensation and Benefits
We offer an internationally competitive compensation commensurate with the successful candidate’s skills and experience. Work hours are flexible and informal and will be agreed with the Company.
Our induction program during the first 2-3 months will enable the successful candidate to get to know our work culture, vision, and internal procedures.
We offer relocation assistance, travel reimbursement, accommodation, and medical insurance to successful candidates willing to relocate to the Bahamas for this opportunity.
Candidates will be asked to consent to background checks and will undergo a variety of technical and personality tests.