L/S Equity Hedge Fund – Quantitative Analyst/Data Research Associate: Datum 9 Analytics, a long/short equity hedge fund based in Miami, Florida, is looking for a quantitative analyst/data research associate to add to its investment team. Exciting opportunity to join a growing team led by investment strategist and portfolio manager George Greig. Intermediate level experience preferred, but all qualified candidates will be considered.
- Maintenance and enhancement of FactSet-based suite of quantitative investment research models
- Maintenance and enhancement of Tableau-based analytics and presentation of universe and strategy research data
- Integration of natural language search/analytic tools into quantitative datasets
- Research into machine learning and related techniques to assess difficult-to-quantify (DTQ) and unstructured data
- Interface with academic contacts on research projects
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree or equivalent experience, preferably in business analytics,
- statistics, and/or computer science, with some background in finance, economics or accounting desirable
- Entry-level to intermediate-level experience
- Experience with Tableau and FactSet strongly preferred
- Knowledge and working experience in one or more of the following areas: natural language
- processing, clustering and classification of text, question answering, text mining
- Experience using statistical programming languages (R, Python) to manipulate data
- Experience working with various machine learning/deep learning algorithms and frameworks
- We may prioritize and consider different combinations of experience and degrees of emphasis of the areas listed above in relation to their relevance to our research mission.
About Datum 9 Analytics
Datum 9 Analytics is an SEC-registered investment adviser founded in 2016 to build a proprietary research platform to utilize in equity portfolio management. The firm’s core capabilities are based in modeling a global equity universe across an array of six factors: yield, growth, valuation, volatility, momentum, and quality.
The firm was founded by portfolio manager and strategist George Greig, who previously developed and led international and global strategy at William Blair & Company, where he grew the firm’s global and international asset base from $90 million to over $30 billion.
Datum 9 Analytics is committed to an ongoing research effort to expand and strengthen our capability in both corporate and security-level analytics, targeting a deeper understanding of risk and return dynamics.