Director of Business Development
Please Enable Cookies to Continue Please enable cookies in your browser to experience all the personalized features of this site, including the ability to apply for a job. Returning Candidate? Director, Business Development Officer - Midwest Region Location US
Job ID 32981
# Positions 1
Job Family Originations - Business Development
CIT is a leading national bank focused on empowering businesses and personal savers with the financial agility to navigate their goals. CIT Group Inc. (NYSE: CIT) is a financial holding company with over a century of experience and operates a principal bank subsidiary, CIT Bank, N.A. (Member FDIC, Equal Housing Lender). The company's commercial banking segment includes commercial financing, community association banking, middle market banking, equipment and vendor financing, factoring, railcar financing, treasury and payments services, and capital markets and asset management. CIT's consumer banking segment includes a national direct bank and regional branch network. Discover more at .
CIT Capital Equipment Finance provides equipment loans and leases for transactions ranging in size from $3 million to $100 million and more. We offer flexible terms of up to eight years, with advance rates tailored to the equipment and credit strength of the borrower.
Reporting to the Managing Director, the Director of Business Development is responsible for originating equipment finance and leasing transactions directly with companies with revenues greater than $30 million dollars.
The ideal candidate will be covering the Midwest Region.
- Focus on originating transactions of $3MM to $100MM both for CIT's own account and in connection with syndication to other industry players
- Cross sell other CIT products
- Interface with C Suite level executives
- Solicit and origination transactions with all types of equipment types and industries including; construction, manufacturing, automotive, energy, trucking, chemicals and plastics, retail etc.
- Act as deal advocate using strong credit skills in working with the underwriting team to facilitate transactions through closing.
- At least 7 years in an Equipment finance deal origination role with strong understanding of credit, collateral and structuring
- Strong track record closing transactions and developing a territory
- Strong reputation in industry and strong base of clients and contacts
- Previous credit background and bank experience a plus
- BA preferably in business or economics
- Understanding of all market deal structures
Options Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later. Share on your newsfeed
CIT is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity. It is CITs policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to their race or perceived race (including traits historically associated with race, such as hair texture and protective hairstyles), color, national origin, nationality, ancestry, citizenship, immigration status, age, sex (including pregnancy, lactation, childbirth or related medical conditions), actual or perceived gender, gender identity, gender expression or transgender (including transgender individuals who are transitioning, have transitioned, or are perceived to be transitioning to the gender with which they identify), religion, creed, marital status, family status, domestic partnership or civil union status, affectional or sexual orientation, atypical hereditary cellular or blood trait, genetic information or predisposition or carrier status (including testing and characteristics), status as a victim of domestic violence, actual or perceived status as a caregiver, military status and service, protected veteran status, mental or physical disability, perceived disability, record of disability, medical condition, AIDS and HIV status, or any other protected characteristic established by applicable federal, state, or local laws. If you would like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please click here: