Senior Business Analyst
Senior Business Analyst, Technology - Req. 1901779
St. Petersburg, Florida https://jobs.raymondjames.com/job/st-petersburg/senior-business-analyst-technology/954/12151493 Senior Business Analyst, Technology - Req. 1901779
Description Job Summary:
Acts as a partner with the business to facilitate and implement technology solutions. Responsible for writing system requirements that will ensure the technology solution will meet the needs of the business. Leverages appropriate technical resources. Requires a high level understanding of systems, industry and end-user requirements. Applies specialized domain knowledge in monitoring, assessing, analyzing and/or evaluating processes and data. Makes judgements and recommendations based on analysis and knowledge.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Works with the business in detailing the high level requirements and documentation of the business processes.
- Creates detailed business requirements for functional (e.g., business processes, rules) and non-functional (e.g., data, security) capabilities. n
- Validates test cases to ensure that scripts will evaluate the business function being performed.
- Gathers and interprets information from multiple sources (including databases, interviews, etc.) and makes recommendations.
- Provides support for application development teams including documenting business processes.
- Translates technical concepts to business audience and business information to a technical audience.
- Participates in developing estimates and implementation plans for technical solutions.
- Partners with team members to develop project schedules, reports and documentation. May be required to act as project lead on small to medium projects and/or provide direction to others on the team.
- Ability to visualize requirements into prototype.
- Understands and applies principles in risk management, issue tracking and change management.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Qualifications Experience and Skills:
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, MIS or related degree and five (5) years of relevant experience or combination of education, training and experience.
- Financial Services specifically on Credit and Market Risk experience is a must
- Experienced in use of Bloomberg Terminals and applications
- Experience working with end users, ability to engage users and strong desire to drive business solutions.
- Understanding of software development lifecycle for agile & waterfall methodologies.
- Experience gathering and writing requirements and creating test scripts/cases.
- Knowledgeable in writing SQL queries in SQL server
- Proficient in Microsoft Tools (including TFS, Excel, Microsoft Project, PowerPoint and Visio).
Licenses/Certifications: Raymond James Guiding Behaviors
At Raymond James our associates use five guiding behaviors (Develop, Collaborate, Decide, Deliver, Improve) to deliver on the firm's core values of client-first, integrity, independence and a conservative, long-term view.
We expect our associates at all levels to:
- • Grow professionally and inspire others to do the same
- • Work with and through others to achieve desired outcomes
- • Make prompt, pragmatic choices and act with the client in mind
- • Take ownership and hold themselves and others accountable for delivering results that matter
- • Contribute to the continuous evolution of the firm