About Raymond James:
Founded in 1962, Raymond James Financial, Inc. is a Fortune 500 diversified holding company providing financial services to individuals, corporations and municipalities through its subsidiary companies engaged primarily in investment and financial planning, in addition to capital markets and asset management. Headquartered in Florida, Raymond James Financial has approximately 8,000 financial advisors in 3,000 locations throughout the United States, Canada and overseas. With over 130 consecutive quarters of growth and Service 1st culture, Raymond James Financial aims to be the premier alternative to Wall Street.
Plans and implements strategies to ensure the successful and timely completion of small to medium projects throughout all phases, including project planning, site analysis, design, voice and data equipment configuration and deployment, contracting, construction, and project closeout. Serves as a liaison between internal and external resources to ensure the timely and efficient conclusion of projects. Maintains regular contact with internal customers and vendors to identify, research and resolve problems. Operates within a high risk environment with substantial levels of capital expenditure. Makes judgments and recommendations based on analysis and knowledge.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Establish and implement overall project plan objectives and project schedules.
• Engage with internal and external customers to ensure satisfactory delivery.
• Complete technical configurations of networking and voice equipment (routers, VPN appliances, wireless access point, data switches, and IP telephony systems/phones).
• Identify and source market resources for cabling infrastructure and equipment installation.
• Select low voltage vendors and manage vendor activity and performance to ensure compliance with the objectives of the project.
• Install network services and equipment via either on-site work or through guidance to third-party vendor.
• Identify inefficiencies in processes and make adjustments to improve efficiencies.
• Ensure compliance with legal, regulatory, audit, safety, and environmental issues.
• Manage external resources (service providers, cabling contractors, and equipment suppliers related to office build-outs) to achieve business results.
• Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Project management.
• Avaya IP telephony.
• Cisco data networking environment.
• Carrier network services for voice and data.
• Low voltage cabling.
• Configuration, installation, engineering.
• Writing, analyzing and interpreting complex technical configuration documents.
• Trouble shooting on data and voice equipment and services (MPLS, SIP, PRI).
• Identify and understand issues, problems and opportunities; compare data from different sources to draw conclusions.
• Clearly convey information and ideas through a variety of media to individuals or groups in a manner that engages the audience and helps them understand and retain the message.
• Use effective approaches for choosing a course of action or developing appropriate solutions; recommend or take action that is consistent with available facts, constraints and probable consequences.
• Demonstrate a satisfactory level of technical and professional skill or knowledge in position-related areas; remains current with developments and trends in areas of expertise.
• Develop and use collaborative relationships to facilitate the accomplishment of work goals.
• Make internal and external clients and their needs a primary focus of actions; develop and sustain productive client relationships.
• Work a non-standard shift including nights and weekends, or have on-call responsibilities.
• Bachelor’s Degree (B.A.) in Computer Science, MIS, Business Administration or a related degree with a minimum of three (3) years of relevant experience in IT communications systems and installations.
• Minimum of two (2) years of Project Management experience preferred.
• A combination of education, training and experience as approved by Human Resources.
• None required.