Compl Sanctions Sr Analyst - NAM - Program Integration and Risk Management - Business Integration
Serves as a senior compliance risk analyst for Independent Compliance Risk Management (ICRM) responsible for establishing internal strategies, policies, procedures, processes related to monitoring and fostering awareness of sanctions regulatory requirements that Citi must comply with; assessing related sanctions risk exposure, overseeing the quality of sanctions control processes and setting global standards to manage and mitigate those sanctions risks and protect the franchise. In addition, provides support for the collation of potential breaches of sanctions from across the firm and work with contacts in the Business and Compliance to ensure consistent and effective application and implementation of, and controls to evidence adherence to, relevant sanctions related global standards, policies and procedures.
This position also serves as the primary point of contact for the review and approvals for all Business Integration profiles (BIP) submitted to the Independent Compliance Risk Management (ICRM) Sanctions' Screening Integration team and provide oversight of business/function integration projects through their entire lifecycle. Coverage also includes maintaining all documents, approvals - internal and external for audit and traceability purposes, functioning as a subject matter expert on Sanctions related items such as disposition models, etc. knowledge transfer and support to other team members, maintaining trackers and checklists to support the coordination of projects. Responsibilities:
- Analyzing comparative data, preparing and presenting regional and global reports related to sanctions risk assessments, and monitoring of sanctions related issues and escalations with senior management and global partners.
- Supporting a specialized team of Independent Compliance Risk (ICRM) officers responsible for program execution activities.
- Contributing to the design and maintenance of a comprehensive written ICRM Sanctions Framework (standards and policies).
- Partnering with functional partners and key stakeholders - regionally and globally, as applicable, to ensure potential risks are identified during due diligence, or escalated on an ad hoc basis, are appropriately vetted and addressed. Identifying and escalating to the Chief Sanctions Officer material risks and significant instances of not adherence to the Framework by accountable front line units; directs investigations in coordination with GIU, CSIS, Legal, HR, or as appropriate.
- Monitoring adherence to Citi's Global Sanctions Policy and relevant procedures; staying current on key Sanctions regulatory changes, key enforcement actions and related industry trends.
- Overseeing adherence to procedures and processes, to ensure compliance with policies ensuring that front line units meet required standards.
- Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made, demonstrating particular consideration for the firm's reputation and safeguarding Citigroup, its clients and assets, by driving compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to Policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal behavior, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing and reporting control issues with transparency.
- Coordinate ICRM Sanctions activities to integrate Citi Businesses and Functions with the standard screening platform for both Customer and Transaction Screening.
- Review different project artifacts, including business integration profiles from a compliance perspective and provide approvals per the documented procedures.
- Stay current on Sanctions Policy and Standards requirements as well as Citi's Account and Transaction screening platform (CitiScreening's) functionality to be able to ensure that optimal solutions are proposed while staying within policy requirements and without any Sanctions risk.
- Provide guidance and oversight to Compliance technology to ensure business integration processes are being performed in accordance to the established operational procedures.
- Act as an individual leader on projects involving assessment of Compliance risk.
- Additional duties as assigned.
- Preferably expertise of AML and Sanctions regulations, risks and typologies
- Knowledge of Compliance laws, rules, regulations, risks and typologies
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Must be a self-starter, flexible, innovative and adaptive
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work collaboratively and with people at all levels of the organization
- Work collaboratively with regional and global partners in other functional units; ability to navigate a complex organization
- Excellent project management and organizational skills and capability to handle multiple projects at one time
- Proficient in MS Office applications (Excel, Word, PowerPoint) Knowledge in area of focus
Job Family Group:
- Bachelor's degree; experience in compliance, legal or other control-related function in the financial services firm, regulatory organization, or legal/consulting firm, or a combination thereof; experience in area of focus; Advanced degree preferred
Compliance and Control Job Family:
Sanctions Time Type:
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi") invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi
View the " EEO is the Law
" poster. View the EEO is the Law Supplement
View the EEO Policy Statement
View the Pay Transparency Posting