Director of Tax Operations
- Tampa, FL, USA Tampa FL US
- Permanent, Full time
- Brighthouse Financial, Inc.
- 16 Mar 18 2018-03-16
Director of Tax Operations
Alternate Job Location : North Carolina : Charlotte
Brighthouse Financial is a new company established by MetLife. We're on a mission to help people achieve financial security. Built on a foundation of industry knowledge and experience, we specialize in offering essential annuity and life insurance products designed to help customers protect what they've earned and ensure it lasts more predictably. In an industry that often has a reputation for complexity, confusion, and cost, Brighthouse Financial is different. Our approach includes simplicity, transparency, and more value so customers can face the future with confidence.
Brighthouse Financial is seeking passionate, high-performing team members to help us carry out our mission and be part of an exciting journey toward improving the financial futures of our millions of customers. Sound like you? Read on.
Role Value Proposition:
This tax professional will serve as a liaison between BHF IT, vendors and the tax department to ensure that the tax department has the appropriate tools and is engaging in optimal use of enterprise IT systems, hardware and software. This tax professional is expected to be an administrator and super user of the department's various tax technologies. Additionally, the Tax Operations Manager will serve as the first line of defense in supporting and troubleshooting technology related issues and inquiries raised by the tax department and escalating them to the appropriate system owners and/or vendors. This position will report directly to the Head of Tax Reporting and Compliance.
- Serve as a liaison between IT, FP&A and accounting departments and tax vendors to continuously improve the company's awareness of tax department needs and the tax department's optimal use of tax and enterprise technology for both direct and indirect tax.
- Responsible for user engagement and serves as the tax business owner of the technology relationship. Also responsible for communicating and tracking tax department progress with the BHF technology implementation team (E-2 team) and exploring efficiencies that can be gained by leveraging vendors already approved by BHF technology team. Responsible for integration of enterprise software into tax software; escalation of production errors; troubleshooting, training tax department members, etc.
- Develop knowledge of the Brighthouse technology environment to provide guidance to the tax team related to the availability, use and automation of data for tax reporting.
- Develop and deliver training programs for newly implemented technology solutions or product updates as required
- Assist in troubleshooting technology related inquiries raised by the tax department and escalate them to the appropriate system owners and/or vendors
- Train tax personnel on software modifications to ensure appropriate roll out of patches or updates and effective integration with supporting technology systems and tools.
- Execute program management for tax technology projects to realize overall strategic vision
Essential Business Experience and Technical Skills:
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Tax or Technology.
- Minimum 8 years of experience in corporate tax, dealing with Income and Indirect tax matters, including a role to supporting the technology infrastructure within tax or liaise with IT to support tax technology requirements.
- Project management ability to plan and manage large scale, cross-functional projects and teams.
- Working knowledge of major ERP systems such as SAP as well as tax software packages, including CorpTax, Vertex Series, Taxport and Premium Pro.
- Experience with Tax software functionality, including account mapping from G/L, bridging concepts, data extraction and report writing, performing consolidations (federal/state).
- Basic understanding of GAAP financial reporting obligations for public companies.
- Basic understanding of individual annuities, life insurance and customer reporting requirements.
Travel : Very minimal (to Charlotte or Tampa depending on new hire location)