Finance Reporting Lead Analyst - VP
The Lead Analyst position is an integral member of the Corporate Regulatory Reporting Group. The Corporate Regulatory Reporting Group is a high profile function, providing financial information to the regulators including the Federal Reserve Bank (FRB) and Office of the Comptroller of the Currency (OCC). The position will have a high level of visibility within the organization with opportunities to work directly on a regular basis with Management and will also interact very closely with other groups throughout Citi, including Risk, Treasury, Controllers, SEC Reporting, Accounting Policy, Financial Planning & Analysis, Capital Planning, and Finance & Risk Shared Services. The core responsibilities include preparation and analysis of the quarterly, semi-annual and annual Regulatory Reports required by FRB and OCC for Citigroup and Citibank entities, including FR Y-9C, Call Report, and Comprehensive Capital Assessment Review (CCAR). Other responsibilities include certain earnings release, 10-Q/10-K disclosures, preparation of Board of Directors and Senior Management Presentations and Analyst Packages, maintenance of the global Accounting Policy Manual, internal controls on Regulatory data integrity, data quality improvement projects as well as implementation of new reporting systems. Responsibilities:
- Lead the comprehensive impact analysis of all data tracing exceptions to FRY-14 (CCAR) Reports
- Review all Final Data Tracing Reports from the Chief Data Office (CDO) and Internal Audit to ensure that the contents and findings are consistent with the impact analysis conclusions.
- Assist the Chief Data Office and Issue Management Resolution (IMR) Owners in driving remediation on a timely basis.
- Communicate effectively, clearly, concisely and accurately using written and verbal communications with Senior Management, Regulatory Agencies and Internal/External Auditors as well as the investor community.
- Work and partner with multiple areas across Citi, including Controllers, Treasury, Risk, Accounting Policy, Financial Planning and Analysis, Capital Planning, Finance & Risk Shared Services, Legal, and the Chief Data Office to maintain a high level of quality and accuracy of the report filings. Establish strong working relationships with key contacts.
- Assist in driving reengineering, process efficiencies and continuous process improvement efforts to strengthen controls.
- Participate in regulatory exams, internal audits and address external analyst's questions. Maintain effective and professional relationships with regulators, internal and external auditors.
This individual will have an opportunity to work with over 30 team members across NY and Tampa, consisting of MBAs and CPAs, who are engaged with and supportive of one another and in an environment which promotes and sustains continuous development and growth.
Corporate Regulatory Reporting Group's (CRR) mission is to provide complete and accurate consolidated financial statement analysis and other related information to the regulators, investors, outside analysts and senior management on a timely basis and in the most efficient manner possible. Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree, major in Accounting or Finance preferred. MBA and/or CPA also preferred.
- 5+ years of Financial Reporting experience, preferably US Regulatory Reporting. Strong familiarity with GAAP/SEC financial reporting.
- CCAR Reporting Knowledge Preferred.
- Strong leadership skills preferred.
- Ability to innovate and champion progress for efficiency and productivity.
- Highly motivated and goal-oriented with ability to lead in a professional and challenging environment and deliver results against fast-paced deliverable deadlines.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple priorities under demanding time frames and respond appropriately and competently to the demands of work challenges when confronted with changes, ambiguity, adversity, and other pressures.
- Flexibility to work under pressure to meet changing work requirements and strict deadlines.
- Outstanding presentation, communication, interpersonal and coaching skills. Ability to work with different levels of management.
- Ability to develop effective and productive working relationships with a wide range of groups across Citi as well as external auditors and regulators.
- Strong strategic thinking skills.
- Experience with systems implementation and automation a plus.
- Technology savvy - Proficiency in Microsoft Office - Excel, Word, PowerPoint.
This job description provides a high-level review of the types of work performed. Other job-related duties may be assigned as required.
Grade :All Job Level - All Job FunctionsAll Job Level - All Job Functions - US
Time Type :
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Minority/Female/Veteran/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi") invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity CLICK HERE .
To view the "EEO is the Law" poster CLICK HERE . To view the EEO is the Law Supplement CLICK HERE .
To view the EEO Policy Statement CLICK HERE .
To view the Pay Transparency Posting CLICK HERE .