GSP - Citi Community Capital - AML/KYC Specialist
The Citi Community Capital (CCC) Business within Citi's Global Spread Products ("GSP") Municipal Finance Division, is seeking to hire an Anti-Money Laundering/Know Your Customer (AML/KYC) Specialist. In addition to CCC, the AML/KYC Specialist may also support other businesses within Citi GSP.
Citi Community Capital (CCC) provides a suite of financial products to help affordable housing developers construct, rehabilitate, refinance, and acquire affordable multifamily housing across the country. Committed to the communities we serve, CCC finances both straightforward and highly structured transactions for non-profit and for-profit affordable housing developers, Community Development Financial Institutions, and state and local government agencies.
It is the mission of CCC to be the preferred financial partner for affordable housing developers, non-profits and governmental entities that focus on community development. We provide our clients with a distinctive, remarkable experience based on world class responsiveness, customer service, creativity and superior execution. This mission will be accomplished while delivering superior financial performance for Citi, consistent and impactful CRA results, and an inclusive and rewarding experience for our employees. Job Responsibilities
- Work with the Origination and Closing team to determine legal entities within the transaction structure that require entry into Citi systems and/or constitute an Anti-Money Laundering AML (AML) relationship.
- Create, modify, and refresh client records in Citi's proprietary entity reference data system.
- Gather relevant information and documentation from various sources, including public databases, the Origination team, and the client, to ensure that Know Your Customer (KYC) records are completed completely and accurately to Citi's KYC program
- Monitor the Citi transaction pipeline and follow up with appropriate parties in order to ensure KYC records are created and approved on a timely basis
- Work with Business Support Unit and Compliance to assess documentation requirements for client legal entities in order to complete AML/KYC records.
- Liaise with internal compliance team on the application of KYC policies to Citi clients within the Citi KYC system.
- Document process to improve efficiency and transparency in order to mitigate risks.
- Manage interaction with staff members, as needed, in support of AML/KYC activities, maintaining a high level internal client service experience.
- Comply with service level standards to complete KYC activities and address rejections made by Checkers.
Job Family Group:
- Candidate is required to have a BA/BS
- Individual must have excellent communication, organizational and interpersonal skills, as well as the ability to multi-task under tight deadlines
- Desire to work in a fast paced environment
- Relevant work experience, understanding of AML KYC regulations and knowledge of KYC processes throughout the client lifecycle and across a variety of client types.
- Prior experience with regulatory compliance, AML transaction/risk monitoring tools, and solving AML related issues.
Compliance and Control Job Family:
Business KYC Time Type:
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi") invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi
View the " EEO is the Law
" poster. View the EEO is the Law Supplement
View the EEO Policy Statement
View the Pay Transparency Posting