ICG Markets & Securities Services Controls Officer - AML & Sanctions Governance (Vice President)
Working alongside our existing Governance team, the goal of the AML & Sanctions Governance Team is to co-ordinate, as well as to provide guidance and advice in relation to the implementation of AML Transaction Monitoring and conformance with the Global Sanctions Operating Model across Global ICG MSS Operations. The team is also responsible for the creation of a best in class manual payments processing governance framework.
Working in partnership with relevant Compliance, and other Control organizations, the team ensures conformance across ICG MSS Operations - to both policy and standards in relation to the above. Our goal is to develop and implement a control framework for ICG MSS Operations, to govern both AML & Sanctions requirements, including (but not limited to) MCA, KRI, exception reporting/monitoring and escalation. Responsibilities:
The AML & Sanctions Governance Officer will have the following key responsibilities:
- Point of contact for ICG MSS Operations Control in relation to AML, Sanctions & Payments.
- Provide guidance in evaluating the risks & controls, and ensure appropriate remedial actions are in place as it relates to AML monitoring & sanctions
- Assesses risks and drive actions to address the root causes by challenging both historical and proposed practices.
- Proactive reviews of MSS Operations related control processes and reporting to ensure conformance to policy and standards
- Oversight of corrective action plan remediation in relation to AML, Sanctions & Payment Controls across MSS Operations
- Assists in assessing current status of all regulation related controls
- Align and support the wider MSS Operations Control strategy
- Ensuring that significant risks are appropriately and timely escalated through Control / AML / Sanctions / Payment Controls Governance channels
- Provide analytic and reporting support to the AML, Sanctions & Payment Controls Governance Head
- Assists management in achieving and maintaining strategic objectives, promotes efficiency, and helps ensure compliance with corporate polices, procedures, laws and regulatory requirements.
- Acts as SME to senior stakeholders and /or other team members.
- Establishes a rapport with Business Managers, Compliance, Internal Audit and Legal.
- Develops a broad and detailed understanding of the organization's landscape, culture and technology.
- Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made, demonstrating particular consideration for the firm's reputation and safeguarding Citigroup, its clients and assets, by driving compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to Policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal behavior, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing and reporting control issues with transparency, as well as effectively supervise the activity of others and create accountability with those who fail to maintain these standards.
- 6-10 years of relevant experience is a must. Other risk and control disciplines would be a plus.
- Experience in Internal Audit or Financial Control would be desirable.
- Expertise in the following is beneficial: AML & Sanctions Compliance / Financial Crimes Compliance
- Excellent communication skills - verbal & written
- Understands the various businesses and the applicable regulations which govern
- Has the ability to operate with a limited level of direct supervision.
- Can exercise independence of judgement and autonomy.
- Ability to manage teams.
- Bachelor's/University degree, Master's degree preferred
Grade :All Job Level - All Job FunctionsAll Job Level - All Job Functions - US
Time Type :
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Minority/Female/Veteran/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi") invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity CLICK HERE .
To view the "EEO is the Law" poster CLICK HERE . To view the EEO is the Law Supplement CLICK HERE .
To view the EEO Policy Statement CLICK HERE .
To view the Pay Transparency Posting CLICK HERE .