Medical Services Specialist
Medical Services Specialist
To keep businesses running, it is more important than ever to be agile and to build new momentum respecting the new reality of their industry. Organizations continuously try to remain relevant. This requires adaptation to changes not only today, but also tomorrow. Constant change asks for scenario-thinking, exploring several paths, and craft a digital strategy based on preparing for the future. Cognizant can bring together digital strategy, deep industry knowledge, human sciences, experience design and technology expertise to help companies design, build, and scale digital business solutions. Cognizant has both the expertise and experience with digital transformation. Together with clients, we can explore tomorrow's opportunities.
By joining as a Medical Services Specialist
, your journey starts in our?onboarding experiences designed for you to build technical and professional skills through virtual and classroom training sessions with fellow technology professionals. We also provide you career counseling and mentoring where you will connect with our leaders and build your network. New hires will be deployed to client engagement projects where you will work alongside other experienced Cognizant associates delivering technology solutions. We work with the best of the best! Essential Job Functions
\t Basic Qualifications
- Identify and collect adverse event information and complete the in-take of a Pharmacovigilance Safety Report in Client Safety Systems through a thorough telephonic patient assessment and evaluation of information \t
- Ensure scientific rigor through accurate, complete and consistent data entry of medical information through numerous adverse event reports and notes with emphasis on timeliness and quality in order to meet regulatory demands \t
- Review and evaluate case information for medical completeness and accuracy prior to the appropriate completion of processing through pushing, triaging or escalation of all AE reports within a rigid regulatory mandated timeframe \t
- Serve as contact center experience with inbound/outbound voice programs involving patient and health care providers \t
- Respond to medical information requests using approved resources and documentation in Client medical information systems \t
- Identify product quality, device complaints, and document in Client's product/device complaint systems \t
- Understand and assimilate information to accurately respond to situations by providing fair and unbiased scientific data to customers \t
- Complete follow up reports and response documentation in a timely, concise, and objective manner \t
- Use multiple databases to document adverse event, medical information, and product complaint information \t
- Identify and communicate possible issues to Team Leaders and Managers \t
- May assist in training others on specific, non-complex, process or database \t
- Collaborate with team on problem solving and improvement initiatives \t
- Responsible for completion of day-to-day work and process flows within the agreed service levels (SLAs)
\t Preferred Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent in nursing. Must be a board certified Registered Nurse or Registered Pharmacist. \t
- Location: Tampa, Florida USA \t
- Cognizant will not sponsor H-1B or other U.S. work authorization, or lawful permanent residence (otherwise known as a "Green Card") for these roles
- Strong knowledge of medical terminology, pharmacology, human body systems and disease processes \t
- Basic knowledge of general principles of adverse events, product quality, medical information, and Food and Drug Administration (FDA) regulations \t
- Basic skill of clinical assessment with the capacity to triage calls and circumstances appropriately \t
- Ability to acquire and assimilate knowledge in different disciplines, disease and therapeutic areas \t
- Experience working with Pharma company or healthcare experience \t
- Contact center experience with inbound/outbound voice programs involving patient and healthcare providers \t
- Actively participate in developing complex applications involving cutting edge technology and frameworks \t
- Excellent clinical judgment and ability to interpret, synthesize and communicate clinical information and safety data in a scientifically sound and understandable way \t
- Robust critical thinking and analytical skills with the ability to make prompt high-level decisions \t
- Prepare and communicate timely and accurate information with customers using various platforms \t
- Ability to work collaboratively with global project teams
Employee Status : Full Time Employee
Shift : Day Job
Job Posting : Feb 10 2021
Cognizant (Nasdaq-100: CTSH) is one of the world's leading professional services companies, transforming clients' business, operating and technology models for the digital era. Our unique industry-based, consultative approach helps clients envision, build and run more innovative and efficient businesses. Headquartered in the U.S., Cognizant is ranked 194 on the Fortune 500 and is consistently listed among the most admired companies in the world. Learn how Cognizant helps clients lead with digital at www.cognizant.com or follow us @USJobsCognizant.
Cognizant is recognized as a Military Friendly Employer and is a coalition member of the Veteran Jobs Mission. Our Cognizant Veterans Network assists Veterans in building and growing a career at Cognizant that allows them to leverage the leadership, loyalty, integrity, and commitment to excellence instilled in them through participation in military service.
Cognizant is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you have a disability that requires a reasonable accommodation to search for a job opening or submit an application, please email CareersNA2@cognizant.com with your request and contact information.